Shameless request- please vote for me....

dinneenp

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 12:00
Hi all,

If you have a free moment could you please vote for my photo in this competition (if you like my photo)-
here

and here

You need a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account to be able to vote- you can even vote 3 times if you have an account in each!
Thanks in advance, will repay the favour sometime if I can.
Pa.
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.

JAK

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 15:08
Sorry, not a fan of selfies! Long outstretched arms disappearing out of frame degrade such photos quite a bit. Also your right hand looks totally out of proportion. But don't worry, I haven't got an account with any of those so won't be voting for someone else's entry either! I presume it wasn't taken on your Pentax? If you had, you could have got someone to take it for you (or used the self timer) from further back with a longer focal length lens and have ended up with a super family photo for the album with none of the typical selfie horrors which spoil so many photographs seen today.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 07/11/2016 - 15:18

Simonmac

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 15:40
I happily voted for a lovely impromptu shot taken by a long serving member of this community.

All the best!

Simon
dinneenp wrote:
Hi all,

If you have a free moment could you please vote for my photo in this competition (if you like my photo)-
here

and here

You need a Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account to be able to vote- you can even vote 3 times if you have an account in each!
Thanks in advance, will repay the favour sometime if I can.
Pa.

macmccreery.com
www.flickr.com/photos/simac/
www.500px.com/simac

Helpful

dinneenp

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 15:56
JAK wrote:
Sorry, not a fan of selfies! Long outstretched arms disappearing out of frame degrade such photos quite a bit. Also your right hand looks totally out of proportion. But don't worry, I haven't got an account with any of those so won't be voting for someone else's entry either! I presume it wasn't taken on your Pentax? If you had, you could have got someone to take it for you (or used the self timer) from further back with a longer focal length lens and have ended up with a super family photo for the album with none of the typical selfie horrors which spoil so many photographs seen today.

I'm not a massive fan of selfies either but I like that shot. My other option would be a selfie stick but I'd rather have no picture than use a selfie stick. Even though, logically there's nothing wrong with them; they are a good way to get a photo of you somewhere without your arm in it. But they're like when you see someone taking a photo at a wedding with an iPad, it just looks wrong...

it was taken with the front facing (bad) camera on my phone.
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.
Last Edited by dinneenp on 07/11/2016 - 15:58

RobL

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 16:25
Nice photo, sorry I am not on any of those platforms. Good luck!

JAK

Link Posted 07/11/2016 - 16:31
Really its I just don't like mobile phones in general, or indeed seeing people driving using them or crossing the road looking at them without looking what's coming. It was ever since a lady nearly knocked me off my cycle at a roundabout - she just didn't look to see if anyone was coming. Luckily I spotted her and avoided death, but my it was close. Now mobile phones make me shudder.
Contactless payments with them... no thank you.
Pentax apps - they don't even work.
I'll just keep a phone in the boot for a real emergency!
What I abhor is the expectation to have one to pay for parking etc. I managed for many years without one!
So sorry, I couldn't bring myself to vote for a mobile phone picture even if I did have FB, Tw etc. I don't for the reason that's what people are doing when they are supposedly driving but in fact not looking where they are going!
I'd be perfectly happy for mobile phones to be uninvented.

Pa, please don't take it personally with regards to your photo, It's just the phones and 'selfies'! They get me hot under the collar.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 07/11/2016 - 16:45
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.