Shake reduction problem.
Posted 31/08/2013 - 08:01
Link
Hi, I accidentally solved the problem .
I had the self timer set to 2 seconds. If the self timer is set, it seems to turn the shake reduction off.
maybe this helps someone else with the same problem.
Regards, Horst
I had the self timer set to 2 seconds. If the self timer is set, it seems to turn the shake reduction off.
maybe this helps someone else with the same problem.
Regards, Horst
Posted 31/08/2013 - 08:19
Link
It's not a problem. It's part of the Prog. Usually when you use the timer you are using a tripod or some such steadying device which is when you DO NOT use shake control.
CHEERS Vic.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Posted 31/08/2013 - 09:01
Link
I also will not use SR when panning, I used to on Canon with lenses that had 2 IS modes as one mode was for panning.. on Pentax I generally only switch SR on if I cannot get a fast enough shutter with static subjects.
Posted 31/08/2013 - 09:03
Link
Thanks all, for your help and advice.
I'll take notice.
regards, Horst
I'll take notice.
regards, Horst
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


584 posts
14 years
Melbourne,
Victoria
I have a K5. The shake reduction is switched off.
I try to switch it on again, but the shake reduction line is grayed out.
Can you help me?
The lens I use is an Pentax auto focus lens.
Regards, Horst