Seven from this trip
Posted 14/06/2011 - 08:25
Link
My pick would be the 3rd one, first would have been good with a bit more clarity, the others to me lack subject matter, cropped to tight.Just my thoughts
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 14/06/2011 - 08:46
Link
I'd never seen these falls before - the amount of water coming down was breathtaking, and exceedingly noisy . The rocks shown everywhere are HUGE .
I'd love to have another go there - these were rushed as the K-x is not WR and the rain was starting to come down AGAIN
I'd love to have another go there - these were rushed as the K-x is not WR and the rain was starting to come down AGAIN
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 10:10
Link
Impressive boulders! 1 and 7 for me too. The first 6 all need some sense of scale. Where's Milla Jovovich when you need her eh?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 14/06/2011 - 10:52
Link
Someone use Photoshop please and put her on the bench
When I've an hour or so free I'll have another go in Aperture with these and see what I can do, particularly with #s 1 & 2. It was really hazy for them - possibly because of the amount of water coming from that top waterfall , it's possibly spray .
None of these by the way are cropped .
I was standing on a small wooden bridge [ and no there were no trolls under it - they'd have been washed away ] and the noise as all the separate water streams came together was incredible. The one from beside the Spa Hotel joined a little bit further down but was in sight .
When I've an hour or so free I'll have another go in Aperture with these and see what I can do, particularly with #s 1 & 2. It was really hazy for them - possibly because of the amount of water coming from that top waterfall , it's possibly spray .
None of these by the way are cropped .
I was standing on a small wooden bridge [ and no there were no trolls under it - they'd have been washed away ] and the noise as all the separate water streams came together was incredible. The one from beside the Spa Hotel joined a little bit further down but was in sight .
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 11:05
Link
Here you go
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/TTMilla.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/thoughton/TTMilla.jpg[/IMG]
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 14/06/2011 - 12:34
Link
Fair puts the size of the falls and rocks into perspective doesn't it ?
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 16:11
Link
OK have had another go at 3 of them
1) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2319-1.jpg[/IMG]
2) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2320-1.jpg[/IMG]
4) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2321-1.jpg[/IMG]
Now I'm having problems with the sky in #1 - any suggestions from Aperture Users ?
Also in #2 the hint of haze / water / whatever it is is till there can't see how I can deal with it in isolation
I'm still very much learning my way in Aperture
1) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2319-1.jpg[/IMG]
2) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2320-1.jpg[/IMG]
4) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2321-1.jpg[/IMG]
Now I'm having problems with the sky in #1 - any suggestions from Aperture Users ?
Also in #2 the hint of haze / water / whatever it is is till there can't see how I can deal with it in isolation
I'm still very much learning my way in Aperture
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 17:24
Link
That's what I felt too Back to Aperture
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 17:30
Link
It looks like you've whacked up the contrast in number 1. This will darken the dark bits, and brighten the bright bits. That's probably what's happened to your whitewater.
You could give this a try:
In Aperture watch the histogram as you move the Exposure slider, make sure nothing is clipped off the right hand side. Once that is in range, the whitewater should have some detail but possibly everything else will be quite dark. Now fiddle with the Brightness slider, this should brighten everything but without moving the right hand end of the histogram (so you don't overexpose the highlights again).
Once you get the bright parts looking good, you may need to compensate at the dark end by moving the 'Black Point' slider (this stretches out the left side of the histogram, without moving the right side).
You could give this a try:
In Aperture watch the histogram as you move the Exposure slider, make sure nothing is clipped off the right hand side. Once that is in range, the whitewater should have some detail but possibly everything else will be quite dark. Now fiddle with the Brightness slider, this should brighten everything but without moving the right hand end of the histogram (so you don't overexpose the highlights again).
Once you get the bright parts looking good, you may need to compensate at the dark end by moving the 'Black Point' slider (this stretches out the left side of the histogram, without moving the right side).
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 14/06/2011 - 17:32
Link
I've got the bit between my teeth good and proper now
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP23191.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP23191.jpg[/IMG]
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 14/06/2011 - 17:34
Link
That's much better!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 14/06/2011 - 17:37
Link
Oh I'll get there eventually
I've a series of pictures of subterranean caves at Betharrham yet to start on - now they WILL be a challenge as flash could not be used
I've a series of pictures of subterranean caves at Betharrham yet to start on - now they WILL be a challenge as flash could not be used
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4141 posts
16 years
Glasgow
This group were taken at the 'Cascades' above Cauteret in the Midi Pyrenees - it wasn't the best of days weatherwise rain and drizzle a good part of the time we were there but I managed these. All were taken with the K-x and the Tamron 18-250 lens
1) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2319.jpg[/IMG]
2) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2320.jpg[/IMG]
3) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2314.jpg[/IMG]
4) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2321.jpg[/IMG]
5)[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2322.jpg[/IMG]
6) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2324.jpg[/IMG]
7) [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Anhelyna/IMGP2326.jpg[/IMG]
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs