Sergey Kuznetsov

K10D

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 19:47
I lost a dear friend a week ago. He was back in Moscow and had been battling C for some time.

Sergey was the Russian ambassador to the UAE.

https://ycnews.com/russian-ambassador-to-the-united-arab-emirates-passed-away/

It is a sad fact of life that we loose those we are close to but it does not mean that they go unforgotten.

I took this photo back in 2005 in Moscow. One of many with his and my family.

*istD and 24-90mm

Best regards

alfpics

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 21:12
Sorry to hear this Gary; from the look of him, I guess he wasn't that old?
Andy

womble

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 22:03
Sorry to hear this Gary. In some ways we are lucky that we have photos, and that one is a lovely image.

Andy: according to the article he was 68.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

alfpics

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 22:11
womble wrote:
Sorry to hear this Gary. In some ways we are lucky that we have photos, and that one is a lovely image.

Andy: according to the article he was 68.

K.

Thanks - should have eyes more open...
Andy

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 23/01/2021 - 22:22
I am sorry for your loss Gary. No matter the circumstances it is so very hard to lose someone close.

And to echo Kris' comment, the portrait is lovely. Full of happiness and warmth.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 24/01/2021 - 09:10
I do feel for you Gary - reflect on your good memories and treasure the images you've secured. That simple portrait shows a genuine warm smile, a true connection between Sergey and You
LennyBloke

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 26/01/2021 - 15:47
Sorry for your loss Gary, He looks very happy in this pic and I suppose that's probably how you'll remember him.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

K10D

Link Posted 31/01/2021 - 19:47
All comments greatly appreciated.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.