Sell your photos
Posted 23/01/2011 - 11:36
Link
why should we it is a hobby
k7 10-17fe 12-24 55 100 macro 18-55 50-200
Posted 23/01/2011 - 12:17
Link
Interesting. Did you sign up for commission based or subscription based? Did you sell any of your pictures so far or had at least any offers?
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 24/01/2011 - 12:37
Link
I've been registered with them for a while now - had one enquiry that didn't amount to anything, I also use fotolibra, so far with no success - having said this my photography is very limited in scope, I think to have much success with sites like this & the stock sites you need a large and diverse collection of photos.
I find a high profile website is much more effective at generating sales, as is direct contact
Even though I'd class myself purely as a 'serious amateur' it's always good for the ego (& bank balance) to find that people are willing to buy your work - pays for new equipment too!!
Simon
I find a high profile website is much more effective at generating sales, as is direct contact
Even though I'd class myself purely as a 'serious amateur' it's always good for the ego (& bank balance) to find that people are willing to buy your work - pays for new equipment too!!
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Posted 24/01/2011 - 13:00
Link
I have had a few positive experiences, including one of the recent ones, Ł80 for a pic of a cookery book (albeit rare and obscure) that was on my kitchen shelf.
I've also had a few enquiries about portrait photography which I thought odd coming from such a source.
@ cameraboy, what a curious remark - why do you say that?
I've also had a few enquiries about portrait photography which I thought odd coming from such a source.
@ cameraboy, what a curious remark - why do you say that?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 24/01/2011 - 13:40
Link
cameraboy wrote:
Why should we as it is a hobby?
To recoup some of the costs of an expensive hobby? I have sold three prints of my "Shetland Ponies at Lamer Park" image which more than paid for the extra copies I had printed to give away as Christmas presents... Why should we as it is a hobby?
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 24/01/2011 - 19:08
Link
I have only offered up one photo as the categories do tend to be obscure on occasion, on the one occasion I offered a picture it was turned down because there were people in the image. This person wanted a sunset of Newgale in West Wales but my offer wasn't quite what she wanted.
The reason for posting here is I thought our members could take advantage of this because they are spread far and wide and could probably cover most categories. Just trying to help, here are a list of monies offered:
Soap Bubble link - Inside, 1/4 page : US$200.00
Arial photo of Monte Carlo HD film US$1500.00
RIO TINTO MINE POLLUTION - Inside, 1/4 page : US$350.00
FRANCO MOSCHINO - Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ100.00
Automotive Classics: Concours d'Elegance - Other Usage : US$290.00
Book cover photo needed/Futurist Cook book - Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ80.00
Mosaic Portrait - Other Usage : US$1000.00
Howler Monkeys - Cover, full page : US$600.00 or Inside, 1/4 page : US$150.00
Hippos - Close up on Reddish 'sweat' - Cover, full page : US$600.00
Inside, 1/4 page : US$150.00
Jaguar D-Type - Cover, full page : UKŁ300.00
Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ75.00
The reason for posting here is I thought our members could take advantage of this because they are spread far and wide and could probably cover most categories. Just trying to help, here are a list of monies offered:
Soap Bubble link - Inside, 1/4 page : US$200.00
Arial photo of Monte Carlo HD film US$1500.00
RIO TINTO MINE POLLUTION - Inside, 1/4 page : US$350.00
FRANCO MOSCHINO - Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ100.00
Automotive Classics: Concours d'Elegance - Other Usage : US$290.00
Book cover photo needed/Futurist Cook book - Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ80.00
Mosaic Portrait - Other Usage : US$1000.00
Howler Monkeys - Cover, full page : US$600.00 or Inside, 1/4 page : US$150.00
Hippos - Close up on Reddish 'sweat' - Cover, full page : US$600.00
Inside, 1/4 page : US$150.00
Jaguar D-Type - Cover, full page : UKŁ300.00
Inside, 1/4 page : UKŁ75.00
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1714 posts
16 years
Somewhere warm and sunny
I receive a couple of emails a week requesting photos of various topics and locations around the world. Yesterdays request is for a Soap bubble, I have had requests for photos of the Upper Wye valley, photos of Newgale at sunset etc.
This week requests include:
Arial photo of Monte Carlo
Automotive Classics: Concours d'Elegance
Book cover photo needed/Futurist Cook book
Mosaic Portrait
Howler Monkeys
Hippos
Jaguar D-Type
I believe they are genuine and wondered if anyone on the forum could benefit from signing up. As we have many members scattered all over the globe then I think we should be able to help out with most categories.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)