Self portrait after visiting the Taylor-Wessing

womble

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 21:45
In this self portrait Lockyear is commenting on the nature of 21st century society, one which is obsessed with self reflection through the medium of the selfie. The never-ending rush of existence, however, leaves no time for true reflection on life, and leads to a fractured view of reality. On the other hand, this might be a pretentious caption dressed in post-modernist drivel in order to justify a grabbed photo on an elevator. Ultimately, only the viewer can decide.

Self portrait after visiting the Taylor-Wessing par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

vic cross

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 08:19
I like the pic. but you don't 'arf waffle on a bit CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

vic cross

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 08:21
P.S. How do you get the word Pentax the right way round in a reflection????????????????????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.
Last Edited by vic cross on 31/01/2019 - 08:21

RobL

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 08:36
vic cross wrote:
P.S. How do you get the word Pentax the right way round in a reflection????????????????????
CHEERS Vic.

Just discovered in Lightroom you can mirror your images! Thanks Womble for your profound and insightful analysis, are you pitching for the Turner Prize by any chance?

davidtrout

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 09:36
vic cross wrote:

I like the waffle best....it sends up early 21st century clap trap which it then dismisses with a flourish..
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

womble

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 08:13
Thanks all.

davidtrout wrote:
vic cross wrote:

I like the waffle best....it sends up early 21st century clap trap which it then dismisses with a flourish..
David

Inspired by the portrait taken with a broken Hasselblad...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 19:06
Brings back memories of drinking beer with you in the Brass Monkey in Perth Kris.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

spinno

Link Posted 02/02/2019 - 10:58
Were you going up or down in the elevator? It makes the difference between a prize winning shot and a pile of poo.....
David

womble

Link Posted 02/02/2019 - 13:38
spinno wrote:
Were you going up or down in the elevator? It makes the difference between a prize winning shot and a pile of poo.....

Up, up and away...

K10D wrote:
Brings back memories of drinking beer with you in the Brass Monkey in Perth Kris.

Best regards

Seems a while ago now! I loved that trip.
Kris Lockyear

My website

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/02/2019 - 01:30
I'm wondering if the drivel carried you away with itself? Did you mean "escalator" or has your "elevator" also undergone a PP flip of 45 degrees?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 04/02/2019 - 20:07
davidtrout wrote:
vic cross wrote:

David

Agreed, sometimes a small piece to an image can make the viewer see the image in a whole new light
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.