Seeing as though everyone's shooting macro...

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 19:18
Better viewed at the larger sizes on Flickr, so here's a few insect shots....

1. Clump of baby spiders

2. Clump of baby spiders again

3. Ladybird

4. Fly

And a bit of flora...

1. Raspberry dewdrop

2. Raspberry leaves

3. Comfrey flowers

All taken with the K1 mkII plus A*200/4.0 Macro, handheld, no flash or tubes.
LennyBloke

LennyBloke

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 19:43
Sorry, missed this one - an extreme crop of a greenfly on a feather...

Here's an uncropped similar shot to give you an idea of the crop...

LennyBloke

Chrism8

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 20:26
The ladybird is excellent John
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

1stEverPentax

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 21:46
Superb shots...all of them.

Quite an effective combo there.

Regards

Karlo

derek897

Link Posted 02/06/2019 - 23:31
Boy, lovely set, have to love the clumps. Have yet to find one, and it's not for the lack of looking,
The ladybird is a cracking shot too, especially with all those green fly just waiting to become lunch.
Raspberry leaves and comfrey for me highlight how well this lens renders colour and detail, putting it to great use, I'm delighted to see
Green fly on the feather just shows how much room you have to play with, savage,
Green fly are fairly small, I have a shot somewhere of the facets in a green fly eye, the adult ones are weird, with funny tubes sticking out
Super set, showing us all where we should be headed.
👍👍👍
I know what i like, If not always why.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/06/2019 - 01:18
Splendid shots. You are determined to make me jealous of that 200mm aren't you

Going back to the A 50mm, here's one that shows the same problem you had - "which bit shall I focus on?" - when faced with a scrum of emerging
larvae; in this case, ladybirds. These tiny savages fought over and ate nearly every last bit of their egg cases. It was vicious stuff and no holds barred.

Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

LennyBloke

Link Posted 04/06/2019 - 09:53
Thanks for the comments and sorry for making you jealous David (not), but that lens definitely makes an average photographer appear competent. Your shot illustrating the problem of where to focus is common - I find that when I have a worthy subject and can't decide (or accurately nail the focus I want) then a series of shots adjusting the focus by minute amounts will give you the luxury of being able to judge them when on the computer - I've long since given up on believing my eyesight through the camera is good enough to decide

Cheers Derek - Agreed the rendering of the A*200 is something special! I rarely load up the camera with bellows and flash nowadays, my success rate is very low so I tend to stick to the larger "macro" subjects - I can't emulate your technique with anything like the same results The Greenfly wasn't even spotted until I processed the images, so a happy accident

Thanks Karlo and Chris
LennyBloke

ronniemac

Link Posted 04/06/2019 - 10:30
All of these excellent macro photos show us a world beyond our normal view of the world. Quite fantastic!

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 05/06/2019 - 21:17
Super set John... the clump of spiders is fascinating... and particularly like the raspberry dew drop...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

LennyBloke

Link Posted 06/06/2019 - 07:40
Thanks Ronnie - it's a quick and easy way to escape to another world....

...in the back garden

Cheers Bill - the Spiders were amazing to watch, if you blow gently on them they scatter along the hundreds of tiny threads and then within a few seconds all clump back together - they are not easy to make a great image from though - picking the main focus point without others detracting is difficult to say the least, these were the best of a bad bunch
LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 07/06/2019 - 21:12
I very much like the second spider clump - the leaf divides the space in an interesting way, giving a sense of movement to the baby spiders. Also enjoy the raspberry dewdrop.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.