Seasons Greetings to All
Posted 16/12/2008 - 23:58
Link
Hello and welcome to the forum Robbiec.
Congratulations on your new purchase of Dslr.
All the Best
Vikram
Congratulations on your new purchase of Dslr.
All the Best
Vikram
Posted 17/12/2008 - 00:10
Link
Welcome to the forum Robbie - I'm sure you'll ease into K20D ownership swiftly enough
Joining the Q
Posted 17/12/2008 - 16:38
Link
Hi welcome. Nice to have your company
Tracey
K100D Super,DA 55-300.
CS3
K100D Super,DA 55-300.
CS3
Posted 17/12/2008 - 17:48
Link
That is a lot of research
Welcome and congratulations on making the right choice
Welcome and congratulations on making the right choice
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 17/12/2008 - 17:58
Link
Welcome to this forum, and warm greetings from The Netherlands.
Martin.
Martin.
Posted 17/12/2008 - 18:06
Link
Welcome and have fun with your K20D. You won't regret it
And a Merry Christmas to you too.
Kris.
And a Merry Christmas to you too.
Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 18/12/2008 - 08:45
Link
Hello Robbie, and welcome.
Steve
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
-----
Keep your words soft and nice in case you have to eat them.
Posted 18/12/2008 - 16:51
Link
robbiec wrote:
Hello,
I've just started my photographic learning journey courtesy of a terrifyingly complex looking Pentax K20D and a 16-45 lens. I've actually been researching getting a dslr for around 18 months now and its actually been the online community that has finally helped me make up my mind + of course my usual habit of not following the sheep
A few notes:
1: You cannot buy a new DSLR Pentax anywhere in Ireland it seems.
2: Canon everywhere, Nikon next up and all soon to be swallowed up by Sony shelf space wise.
3: I bought fairly blind but qudos to SRS for taking and handling all my calls, big thanks to Nikki, Chris and Will for finally sorting me out.
4: The K20D feels so good in hand, really makes a D60 or 400D feel a bit fisher price.
5: The Pentax online community seem to me to be a bit less kit obsessed, more picture obsessed and generally a lot more mature that their competition.
I apologise in advance for all the remarkably stupid questions I shall probably ask in the coming months.
Regards All,
R
Hello Robbie,Hello,
I've just started my photographic learning journey courtesy of a terrifyingly complex looking Pentax K20D and a 16-45 lens. I've actually been researching getting a dslr for around 18 months now and its actually been the online community that has finally helped me make up my mind + of course my usual habit of not following the sheep
A few notes:
1: You cannot buy a new DSLR Pentax anywhere in Ireland it seems.
2: Canon everywhere, Nikon next up and all soon to be swallowed up by Sony shelf space wise.
3: I bought fairly blind but qudos to SRS for taking and handling all my calls, big thanks to Nikki, Chris and Will for finally sorting me out.
4: The K20D feels so good in hand, really makes a D60 or 400D feel a bit fisher price.
5: The Pentax online community seem to me to be a bit less kit obsessed, more picture obsessed and generally a lot more mature that their competition.
I apologise in advance for all the remarkably stupid questions I shall probably ask in the coming months.
Regards All,
R
You've bought a fine piece of kit, I have bought the K20D recently, and I've just added the SMC DA 50-300mm lens.
Robbie are you likely to get up to Donegal?
If you do, I look forward to seeing some fine shots of the rugged landscapes.
I've only ventured as far as The Ring of Kerry, but found it very over commercialised and touristy, I've been told Donegal is more like the Ireland of old.
Anyway welcome to the forum & comliments of the season
Posted 18/12/2008 - 18:08
Link
Hello Robbie and welcome to the forum
Quote:
You cannot buy a new DSLR Pentax anywhere in Ireland it seems.
I was in Dublin a few weeks ago, I thought I'd check out the prices over there, couldn't find anywhere in Dublin that stocked Pentax, not DSLRs at leastYou cannot buy a new DSLR Pentax anywhere in Ireland it seems.
Quote:
The K20D feels so good in hand, really makes a D60 or 400D feel a bit fisher price.
Now that is a bit below the belt.......but I like it
The K20D feels so good in hand, really makes a D60 or 400D feel a bit fisher price.
Posted 18/12/2008 - 18:16
Link
Hello Robbie, Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you like you k20D - it is a great piece of kit. And the guys at SRS are just the best.
Posted 21/12/2008 - 12:26
Link
Hi Roscoe,
I've actually never been to Donegal, only person in my family that has made that trip was my Mum and that was to see wee Daniel!!! (he is an crooner that older women totally and utterly adore for those of you that have luckily never been subjected to what I call Daniel torture)
I'm in Cork so I have everything from the Old Head of Kinsale to Mizen to play with, all within say 90 mins drive . Kerry is an interesting spot, you're correct when you say its heavily touristy but if you aim for Kenmare and then go over the Kerry / Cork border there are some fantastic shots to be had....
How is the 50-300?, I think that is my next purchase, my Mrs has LBA I think She is amazed with the quality of the K20 and 16-45 but she told me quite seriously that she prefers longer zooms for her shooting style
I've actually never been to Donegal, only person in my family that has made that trip was my Mum and that was to see wee Daniel!!! (he is an crooner that older women totally and utterly adore for those of you that have luckily never been subjected to what I call Daniel torture)
I'm in Cork so I have everything from the Old Head of Kinsale to Mizen to play with, all within say 90 mins drive . Kerry is an interesting spot, you're correct when you say its heavily touristy but if you aim for Kenmare and then go over the Kerry / Cork border there are some fantastic shots to be had....
How is the 50-300?, I think that is my next purchase, my Mrs has LBA I think She is amazed with the quality of the K20 and 16-45 but she told me quite seriously that she prefers longer zooms for her shooting style
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


703 posts
17 years
Cork
I've just started my photographic learning journey courtesy of a terrifyingly complex looking Pentax K20D and a 16-45 lens. I've actually been researching getting a dslr for around 18 months now and its actually been the online community that has finally helped me make up my mind + of course my usual habit of not following the sheep
A few notes:
1: You cannot buy a new DSLR Pentax anywhere in Ireland it seems.
2: Canon everywhere, Nikon next up and all soon to be swallowed up by Sony shelf space wise.
3: I bought fairly blind but qudos to SRS for taking and handling all my calls, big thanks to Nikki, Chris and Will for finally sorting me out.
4: The K20D feels so good in hand, really makes a D60 or 400D feel a bit fisher price.
5: The Pentax online community seem to me to be a bit less kit obsessed, more picture obsessed and generally a lot more mature that their competition.
I apologise in advance for all the remarkably stupid questions I shall probably ask in the coming months.
Regards All,
R
PPG