SDM lives !

istdskmk5

Link Posted 30/07/2015 - 21:25
Out with the camera this afternoon, the AF stopped on my 50-135 as I took the last shot on a windy ridge. I went through all the usual checks and walked back to the car thinking the worst. It is one of the very early copies of this lens, owned from new and has had a good deal of use and abuse as my most often used lens, so I considered the SDM had done well on balance; I mean every SDM fails sooner or later yes? Well I got it home and had another play and it seems I had knocked the lens into manual - I only checked the camera AF selector and forgot about the switch on the lens - idiot ! I was all ready to enable it's screw drive.

Anyways, the weedy SDM in this chunky 2007 lens is still going strong. I guess some of the old ones just keep going. I'm very happy, but that's only because I believe I am on borrowed time wiith my SDM...

Let's hear it for the SDM's that keep working.

andy_bell

Link Posted 31/07/2015 - 08:25
Something similar happened to me....the auto/manual switch on the camera wasn't quite in one position or the other so it stopped working....panic!!!
at least once its happened to you you'll check it first next time.....

Andy
A few bits & Bobs

QuestionableCarrot

Link Posted 31/07/2015 - 19:33
the 50 135 is a monster lens! truly wonderful
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.