scrub wren

08tiger
Posted 02/05/2008 - 04:15 Link
This is either the Atherton scrub wren or Large billed scrub wren, both very similar in apperance

Comment Image

caught feeding early morning
Comment Image

Thanks for looking
C&C welcome.
Don.
hefty1
Posted 02/05/2008 - 14:12 Link
Looks quite different to the wrens we see in our gardens (not just in colour but in shape / stance too), I'm guessing it's a similarly tiny bird though? I like the first shot better from a composition point of view - I prefer to see eye contact with the camera.
Joining the Q
Clarky
Posted 02/05/2008 - 14:49 Link
Nice shots Don, I like the first one also.

I wish i new my bugs as well as you know your birds.

What lens did you use :
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
fatspider
Posted 02/05/2008 - 21:52 Link
It may well be quite different looking to the UK/European Wren but if theyr'e anything half as quick and secretive as ours then the OP has done a good job of catching it
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
08tiger
Posted 02/05/2008 - 23:00 Link
Quote:
What lens did you use
This was the sigma 50-500.
Quote:
I'm guessing it's a similarly tiny bird
The bird is about 100mm long.

Well thats it, next posts will be from the UK.
C&C welcome.
Don.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo