screen protection

hkwiles

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 13:29
Does anyone use a screen protection film on their camera ?
a few guys at work have this on their iPods. Looks very useful. I guess the Canon 500D one will fit my K7.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/canon-eos-rebel-t1i-cases-screen-protectors-...

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4

Anvh

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 14:37
Nope I don't.
Only have it on my phone since keys and a screen don't go well together inside your pockets
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

WobblyGoblin

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 15:06
Don't use one but I wish I did. Mine has come back from holiday with a war wound - a minor scratch on the screen. The girlfriend was wearing the camera as she mounted a horse and it banged into the pommel on the saddle. Only a minor impact and a simple plastic screen protector would have prevented any damage.

I have learnt my lesson.
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...

hkwiles

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 15:16
WobblyGoblin wrote:
Don't use one but I wish I did. Mine has come back from holiday with a war wound - a minor scratch on the screen. The girlfriend was wearing the camera as she mounted a horse and it banged into the pommel on the saddle. Only a minor impact and a simple plastic screen protector would have prevented any damage.

I have learnt my lesson.

I was thinking of camera dangling round neck and belt buckles , metal jacket buttons etc etc coming into contact with the screen .Might well invest in one.Apparently when you peel it off to replace it , there are no marks or sticky bits left on screen whatsoever.

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
Last Edited by hkwiles on 14/10/2009 - 15:17

K10D

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 15:43
hkwiles wrote:
WobblyGoblin wrote:

I have learnt my lesson.

I was thinking of camera dangling round neck and belt buckles , metal jacket buttons etc etc coming into contact with the screen .Might well invest in one.Apparently when you peel it off to replace it , there are no marks or sticky bits left on screen whatsoever.

Howard

Yes my Pentax's all have Giotto screen protectors, just as my lenses that have filter threads have filters attached.

The Nikon and Minolta have proprietary plastic screen guards.

Regards

nilescrane

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 18:17
I've got a different make on my Optio screen. Trouble is, it's very reflective, so often all I can see on the screen is my ugly mug .
My Flickr

cedricd

Link Posted 14/10/2009 - 19:08
I must admit to not having them on any of my cameras yet. As usual I will probably leave fitting them until it`s too late. However I must point out that although metal on plastic is not good plastic on plastic is an absolute disaster. I totally destroyed a mobile phone screen with it chaffing on a plastic cup.

Cedric
Enjoy life

kfxposure

Link Posted 15/10/2009 - 08:11
yup - it's one of the first things I did with my K10d and the first thing I did with the K7; I put the K10d on Ebay last week, and removed the plastic cover before doing so; happy that the screen was completely unmarked and immaculate and so screen will pay for itself many times over. Only thing I usually forget to do is change the screens from time to time; it's easy to miss the fact that they have become more cloudy and scractched and as such they should be changed at least every six months or so.
For me screens - like a UV filter on a lens - are a no brainer...

all best
KFxposure

Greytop

Link Posted 15/10/2009 - 19:16
Same here, one of the first things I do is fit a screen protector.
Regards Huw

flickr

Technoblurb

Link Posted 15/10/2009 - 20:29
Greytop wrote:
Same here, one of the first things I do is fit a screen protector.

Me too, it's the only thing I have ever purchased from Jessops
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.