Scarborough Armed Forces Day 2013

JAK
Posted 30/06/2013 - 01:05 Link
The only full display by the Red Arrows on the special Armed Forces Day this year was in Scarborough. It is not often that events come to you, so it seemed the whole town and surroundings turned out to view the free spectacle.

1. RAF Typhoon Display
Comment Image


2. Red Arrows #1
Comment Image


3. Red Arrows #2
Comment Image


4. Red Arrows #3
Comment Image


5. Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (Spitfire, Hurricane and Lancaster Bomber) #1
Comment Image


6. Battle of Britain Memorial Flight #2
Comment Image


7. Battle of Britain Memorial Flight #3
Comment Image


8. A Man and his Dog (Taken during a lull in the proceedings!)
Comment Image


John K
John K
tyronet2000
Posted 30/06/2013 - 07:41 Link
All nice shots but my favourites the out of frame in #3 and the man and dog in #8
Regards
Stan

PPG
JAK
Posted 30/06/2013 - 09:14 Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
All nice shots but my favourites the out of frame in #3 and the man and dog in #8
Thanks
John K
johnriley
Posted 30/06/2013 - 09:30 Link
The shots are excellent, but I don't think I really like the effect applied, the grain pattern and the diffusion of detail. I'm not sure what you've done, but a natural shot would IMHO have looked much better.
Best regards, John
JAK
Posted 30/06/2013 - 09:38 Link
johnriley wrote:
The shots are excellent, but I don't think I really like the effect applied, the grain pattern and the diffusion of detail. I'm not sure what you've done, but a natural shot would IMHO have looked much better.
It's trying to give them a colour slide look. I'll redo one or two later for comparison.

John K
John K
Algernon
Posted 30/06/2013 - 10:47 Link
I like the sketch effect in No: 1 and the frame in No: 3

'
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 30/06/2013 - 10:47
Stuey
Posted 30/06/2013 - 13:23 Link
I like these

The processing you have used seems to split opinion - I like it but I will probably like the other versions as well
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Mike-P
Posted 30/06/2013 - 15:42 Link
johnriley wrote:
The shots are excellent, but I don't think I really like the effect applied, the grain pattern and the diffusion of detail. I'm not sure what you've done, but a natural shot would IMHO have looked much better.
Sums up my thoughts completely as I was scrolling down the pictures.

I am hoping to go to RAF Yeovilton in a couple of weeks for their air show.
JAK
Posted 30/06/2013 - 17:55 Link
Well I've chosen to make some comparisons with #2 above.

1st - The K5 jpeg with just the horizon levelling.
Comment Image


2nd - The K5 jpeg with basic auto correction in Elements 11.
Comment Image


3rd - Raw DNG processed in Elements 11
Comment Image


4th- Raw DNG processed in Fusion 2.5 (Demo version)
Comment Image

This one makes it look like the sun wasn't out!

I'm sure there'll be a mixed opinion.

John K
John K
Edited by JAK: 30/06/2013 - 17:56
Mike-P
Posted 30/06/2013 - 18:01 Link
Number 3 looks about the best to me.

Edit: meant to add the processing quite suits number 5, would have liked a bit of prop blur though.
Edited by Mike-P: 30/06/2013 - 18:03
johnriley
Posted 30/06/2013 - 18:17 Link
I actually Prefer #1. However, only a few tweaks would make any of them look right I'm sure.

#3 is too light for my taste.
Best regards, John
Gamka
Posted 30/06/2013 - 20:39 Link
Of the original set #3 has an "I'm different" appeal - just needs a minor tweak at the bottom of the right hand vertical white line to shorten it by a few pixels.

In the second set - pulled between #2 & #3, somewhere in-between would have been ideal.
JAK
Posted 30/06/2013 - 23:26 Link
Gamka wrote:
Of the original set #3 has an "I'm different" appeal - just needs a minor tweak at the bottom of the right hand vertical white line to shorten it by a few pixels.
I see where you mean. Thanks.

John K
John K
JAK
Posted 01/07/2013 - 18:57 Link
Just wish to say that the original #2 was shown on the Look North weather bulletin tonight.

John K
John K
Pentaxophile
Posted 01/07/2013 - 19:17 Link
Congrats, John. I like the 'Man and His Dog' shot - the processing works there. (For me).


Gamka wrote:
In the second set - pulled between #2 & #3, somewhere in-between would have been ideal.
Agree!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo