Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Saving files as CMYK

Classvino
Posted 18/10/2008 - 04:00 Link
johnriley wrote:
Better to have it right than have it cheap.

Not usually any cheaper to do it right the second time anyway...
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
gartmore
Posted 18/10/2008 - 08:55 Link
Dan, check out link

We use them for cards and brochures and have always been very happy with repro, turnaround and prices. You can download their Photoshop templates, fill them in and upload them. PM me your address and I'll post some samples.

Ken
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Edited by gartmore: 18/10/2008 - 08:55
alfpics
Posted 18/10/2008 - 10:25 Link
Quote:
have found by far the best price is at www.saxoprint.co.uk .

Have just had some leaflets done for our church by Saxoprint - they arrived yesterday. Am happy with the quality - although would want more control over colour fidelity. I sent my files as pdf (1.3). Prices seem good. I had a problem with their 'uploader' though, and had to send as e-mail attachments

re OP and neeed for CMYK, I recently submitted soem piccies to Outdoor Photography who ask for CMYK files. However they were happy to receive as RGB as I couldn't do the conversion.

Andy
Andy
Edited by alfpics: 18/10/2008 - 10:27
Daniel Bridge
Posted 18/10/2008 - 17:15 Link
gartmore wrote:
Dan, check out link

We use them for cards and brochures and have always been very happy with repro, turnaround and prices. You can download their Photoshop templates, fill them in and upload them. PM me your address and I'll post some samples.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have looked at Vista Print before, but this is the product I need and it's far cheaper with Inky Little Fingers (A4, colour both sides, two fold), even cheaper with Saxoprint, and Vista Print still require CMYK (I know of one photographer who kicked herself for uploading RGB files to vistaprint, as the reds all looked very dull).

Andy, I noticed before that OP wanted CMYK photos, put me off sending some in to be honest. Good to know they will accept RGB, perhaps I'll get off my backside and submit some now! I'm still tempted by Saxoprint, but think I'll go with ILF, even if it does cost a bit more.

Thanks all for your help, I'll let you know how I get on.

Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Daniel Bridge
Posted 10/11/2008 - 22:13 Link
Well, I did say I'd let you know how I got on...

I used Inky Little Fingers in the end, and they supplied a template, uploading artwork was painless (even though it was about 40Mb in all). First 'pre-flight' check was a failure, as I'd used a large-ish area of pure black, which could be prone to smudging/scuffing whilst the leaflets were being folded. A quick adjustment and re-upload and things were underway again. All took a little longer than I'd originally anticipated, but the leaflets arrived today, and I've got them in a couple of outlets already (including Cameraworld in Chelmsford if anyone's passing ).

A couple of pics:

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Thanks for all the help and advice, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Dan
hefty1
Posted 10/11/2008 - 22:19 Link
They look really nice - hope it brings in some good business for you
Joining the Q
johnriley
Posted 10/11/2008 - 22:31 Link
Excellent, hope it adds to your success!
Best regards, John
Daniel Bridge
Posted 10/11/2008 - 22:46 Link
Cheers Hefty and John - the tuition side of things is definitely on the up, I'm doing more workshops and the 1-2-1 sessions are increasing too, so fingers crossed that continues.

Dan
alfpics
Posted 10/11/2008 - 23:05 Link
Looks really good to me, too.
Hope they pay-off for you
Andy
Andy
haydnw
Posted 10/11/2008 - 23:38 Link
Wow,

The leaflets work well - even viewed on the web they look great, don't be surprised if I turn up at one of your workshops.
Haydn

link
Samsung GX1S, Nikon D300, Zenith 12XP, Olympus OM10, Holga 120N
MattMatic
Posted 11/11/2008 - 05:02 Link
Excellent result Daniel!
Thanks for sharing
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.