Samyang 85mm/1.4

smudge

Link Posted 25/03/2017 - 09:16
I recently purchased a FA*85mm so this lens is now up for sale.

In excellent condition with caps and hood but no box.

160 delivered to UK.

Regards, Philip

Stevecantlay

Link Posted 25/03/2017 - 23:14
Pm sent

smudge

Link Posted 25/03/2017 - 23:43
Sold to Stevecantlay.
Regards, Philip

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/03/2017 - 00:58
Smudge, I wanted to ask how this lens compares with the FA 85 in your opinion. Can you please share a few thoughts?

Cheers.

smudge

Link Posted 26/03/2017 - 10:26
HarisF1 wrote:
Smudge, I wanted to ask how this lens compares with the FA 85 in your opinion. Can you please share a few thoughts?

Cheers.

It is way too early for me to make a meaningful comparison. I have only had the FA 85 for a few days. I have taken a few shots with it around the house and the results look spectacular - it can transform the most mundane scene into a thing of beauty. My only difficulty with the Samyang is that it is MF. It is a sweet lens but nailing focus manually wide open is not easy because of the very shallow DoF - when I got it right the results were great but I didn't trust my ability so it didn't get used much. I found it much easier to focus accurately with it on the K1 than my other bodies - maybe because the viewfinder is a bit bigger and brighter. The only negative I have noticed so far with the FA 85 is purple fringing - the Samyang does a better job at controlling PF.
Regards, Philip
Last Edited by smudge on 26/03/2017 - 10:40

HarisF1

Link Posted 26/03/2017 - 11:52
I bought the second FA85 the other day and I used the great weather yesterday to test it out. It really is amazing.

I've owned two of the Samyang 85mm lenses before (different brands) but always just moved them on as I didn't like MF either. I found that the contrast wide open was a bit poor while the FA85 still does well in that regard.

The PF is an issue as you mentioned but it seems to be a tad less than on the FA77.

It's super sharp too!

Stevecantlay

Link Posted 28/03/2017 - 14:31
Smudge thank you - arrived today perfect.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.