Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Samsung NX10

robbie_d
Posted 13/05/2010 - 18:00 Link
Had a play with the Samsung NX10 in Currys today.

Honest impressions:

Nice small body, benefit lost by having a zoom lens on it. Pancakes would be a much better fit.

Rear Amoled screen is lovely, detailed, clear and vibrant. Makes Live View very pleasant. AF in Live View seems quick enough.

Electronic viewfinder is worse than I thought it would be. They are still nowhere near the level they need to be to replace optical viewfinders.

No inbuilt SR. Missed opportunity.

Controls and menu system seemed intuitive and user-friendly.

All in all, quite impressed. Prefer it to the PEN. Still expensive for what it is. If Pentax are to enter this market, they should follow this sort of template, but add SR and a set of cost-effective pancake lenses.
If you can't say something nice about Pentax, you won't say anything at all.

Apparently.
Edited by robbie_d: 13/05/2010 - 18:01
jon.dc
Posted 14/05/2010 - 10:17 Link
I owned one.......... For a day, then sent it back.

The issues I had included the following;

1. Image ghosting on the edges of high contrast areas repeating the pattern several times through the image.
2. An almost "pastel" colour representation on images that contained high volumes of greens and/or browns.
3. No RAW support for Mac or Photoshop and non in the pipeline.

I did like the size and weight, the focus was as fast as any Pentax D I have owned. Still on the bench over the viewfinder though, I liked the way it zoomed on the focus area when in manual zoom setting, although this can throw out your composition but not good enough IQ overall.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.