Rolls Royce Special Edition

  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Inappropriate posting
Charlotte
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:13 Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
johnriley wrote:
It depends on where the point of focus was chosen. We don't know if it was centre point, somewhere else, or whatever. It's entirely possible the camera selected an inappropriate point.
I would say the photographer was entirely at fault by not knowing what the camera was set at, can't even remember if SR was on or off I just pointed at the car and when the camera went "beep" pressed the button all the way in. Kerchunk! job done Apologies to all offended by this post.
I don't think you need to apologise Stan,
I don't think you offended anyone and t'wasn't your fault that Smeggy was banned.

I'd like to have one of those cars sitting in my drive way it's very beautiful.

Kind regards
Charlotte
Mannesty
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:15 Link
Charlotte wrote:
Pentaxophile wrote:
paulgee20 wrote:
Well said Smeggy, constructive help would be far better, and a far more mature response from one of the User Team!
+1. Immoderator might be a better job title!
Smeggy is no more
link
Why? Has he resigned?
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 18/07/2012 - 23:15
tyronet2000
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:18 Link
Thank you for the kind words Charlotte.

The car did look special from the outside but inside it looked a bit of a tip I took a couple of snaps of the inside but they were terrible so doubt I'll post any of them.
Regards
Stan

PPG
Blythman
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:19 Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
Thank you for the kind words Charlotte.

The car did look special from the outside but inside it looked a bit of a tip I took a couple of snaps of the inside but they were terrible so doubt I'll post any of them.
That would just be trouble causing Stan
Alan


PPG
Flickr
tyronet2000
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:21 Link
I was very impressed by the air conditioning in this car
Regards
Stan

PPG
Mannesty
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:32 Link
Did you see my post above.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
coker
Posted 18/07/2012 - 23:34 Link
Did Smeggy just wander off, or was he pushed....."resigned"?

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Pentaxophile
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:19 Link
Banned.
Mannesty
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:24 Link
Pentaxophile wrote:
Banned.
Temporary? or Permanent?

Perhaps someone who knows would have the courtesy to tell those of us who are interested.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
johnriley
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:33 Link
We extend the courtesy of confidentiality so, as you know Peter, we don't discuss these things in the forum.

I know that curiosity is a terrible thing and I sympathise with that, but in all fairness to anyone who ever is banned surely it's better to just let it go until whatever the problem is can be resolved?
Best regards, John
Mannesty
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:45 Link
johnriley wrote:
We extend the courtesy of confidentiality
So confidential that even the banned member has no clue why.

Please extend him the courtesy of informing him of PU's reasons for their action.

I suspect that yet another personality clash is the root cause of this and it should be stopped right now.

FWIW: If I'm right, some of Ken's comments were totally unprofessional and uncalled for and I believe an apology (from Ken) is in order, not a ban.

Again, if I'm right, what punishment can be administered to moderators?

The one thing that this site has been criticized for in recent years is its moderators actions of banning people willy nilly, deleting posts, etc.

When will this change?

When will this site's moderators treat us like adults instead of children, and pay us the respect that we the membership deserve.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Pentaxophile
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:46 Link
Mannesty wrote:
Perhaps someone who knows would have the courtesy to tell those of us who are interested.
Don't hold your breath, Peter!

You'll have to ask Smeggy youself on the EU forum. I hadn't looked there for ages (last time I checked it was rolling tumbleweeds), but this little storm in a teacup got me checking it out since I know Smeggy is a member and could contact him there. Anyway, the place seems to have picked up considerably!
johnriley
Posted 19/07/2012 - 00:52 Link
Quote:
Please extend him the courtesy of informing him of PU's reasons for their action.
That courtesy has been extended and I have seen a copy of it. For what it's worth I agree with what was written. You know as well as I do that you can talk to him yourself quite easily and that this was not a sudden and spurious action, but the end of a long process.

There is no banning willy-nilly as you put it Peter, it is always a last resort. There is no personality clash. This is a photographic forum.
Best regards, John
Mannesty
Posted 19/07/2012 - 01:14 Link
I'll not continue this here because anything I post is bound to be deleted.

JR, You have a PM.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 19/07/2012 - 01:20
johnriley
Posted 19/07/2012 - 01:19 Link
Nothing has been deleted Peter, but I'll have a look at your PM now.
Best regards, John

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo