Reworking old images
Posted 07/11/2020 - 13:56 - Helpful Comment
Link
Cracking set Gareth. I have found during these covid times that revisiting old pictures, with an increased knowledge of PP and improved software tools I am able to improve on the originals significantly.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 07/11/2020 - 14:05
Link
Thanks Peter
It's quite fun reprocessing them isn't it!
It's quite fun reprocessing them isn't it!
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 09/11/2020 - 11:09
Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Reworked these old image son my NAS drive when I found them whilst having to reimport my whole catalogue of nearly 23k images after Lightroom updated and lost the catalogue. Unimpressed to say the least!
Anyway, I'm being a bit bolder with my processing and crushing shadows if I feel it adds to the image and feel.
These taken with the old Pentax K5 and the Sigma 17-70mm
1.

IMGP6210 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
2.

IMGP6202 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
3.

IMGP6206 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
SO Natural
Reworked these old image son my NAS drive when I found them whilst having to reimport my whole catalogue of nearly 23k images after Lightroom updated and lost the catalogue. Unimpressed to say the least!
Anyway, I'm being a bit bolder with my processing and crushing shadows if I feel it adds to the image and feel.
These taken with the old Pentax K5 and the Sigma 17-70mm
1.

IMGP6210 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
2.

IMGP6202 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
3.

IMGP6206 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
Posted 16/11/2020 - 10:48
Link
Thank you!
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 17/11/2020 - 00:22
Link
I really like these hard black and white images. With so little to distract the viewer's attention what's left has be bang on.
Posted 17/11/2020 - 11:12
Link
Good processing on good images Gareth.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


3434 posts
11 years
Barrybados
Anyway, I'm being a bit bolder with my processing and crushing shadows if I feel it adds to the image and feel.
These taken with the old Pentax K5 and the Sigma 17-70mm
1.
IMGP6210 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
2.
IMGP6202 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
3.
IMGP6206 by Gareth Williams, on Flickr
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT