Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Revelations: Experiments in Photography

AuraTodd
Posted 11/04/2015 - 10:11 Link
I have seen this advertised in London and was wondering if it is worth visiting. Like to go but don't know the best way to get there.

link
jeallen01
Posted 11/04/2015 - 17:47 Link
Assuming you are coming by train to Paddington main line station, then take the Circle Line Tube south from there to South Kensington Tube station and walk North from there

OTOH, if you are coming by coach to London then you will probably arrive at Victoria coach station, so then walk to Sloane Square Tube station and take the Circle Line North/West from there to South Ken Tube station

The TFL Tube Map is here;

The Science Museum website has a small map which gives more precise local instructions on how to get from South Ken Tube station to the museum itself. See here:

BTW: whatever you do, don't try to get right into Central London by car - it's both murder and expensive (for the Congestion Charge and for parking)
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Edited by jeallen01: 11/04/2015 - 17:49
AuraTodd
Posted 12/04/2015 - 09:32 Link
Hi, I don't drive and I am a bit nervous about using the London underground. Did it once on my own, there was no guards to ask for help and everyone was in too much of a hurry anyway.
johnriley
Posted 12/04/2015 - 10:44 - Helpful Comment Link
The last time Sue and I were in London we used taxis around the centre. Not too expensive for short journeys and plenty of them around.
Best regards, John
AuraTodd
Posted 12/04/2015 - 10:48 Link
Seems a bit more safe, but black cabs are the best one's not the mini versions.
johnriley
Posted 12/04/2015 - 10:55 - Helpful Comment Link
I can understand your concerns about safety. London can seem daunting. Why not travel with a friend, then you can be supportive of each other?
Best regards, John
jeallen01
Posted 12/04/2015 - 16:07 - Helpful Comment Link
OTOH, if you arrive at Paddington main line station, the signs to the Circle Line are pretty clear - don't know about South Ken but should not be an issue to find the Circle Line to get back again! There are clear signs from South Ken station right to the various museums.

Just arrive after the morning rush hour (say 9.30 am onwards), and start back again from the museum by about 3.30pm and you will avoid the evening rush hour - so should not be too crowded at either end of your day in London.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.