Remember Me?

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 09:41
Hi Folks,

Some of you may remember me from a good few years ago now. Well, I'm back!

Lot's of things have changed for me in those years, including moving from where I was living in France back to Manchester. And, yes, there are reasons which I'll not go into here! Suffice to say that there has been somewhat of an upheaval, and life is a bit different.

The type of photography I'm doing has changed too. I used to do a lot of macro (insect) photography, but now any wildlife tends to be a bit bigger, birds and upwards. I have also taken up gig photography to go with landscape and urban photography.

Of course, I am still a Pentaxian, and my collection of gear has increased in size.

So, I'm now looking forward to saying "hello" to old friends on here. In fact, the impetus to come back to the forum was because I had a "virtual" encounter with John R on FB, by a complete coincidence. As we said at the time, it's a small world!

Anyway, time for a look around! Mmm, perhaps I might change my sig, too!

Cheers,

ds
This space deliberately left blank.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 09:46
Welcome back - of course you're remembered
LennyBloke

Algernon

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:13
Welcome back Are you still using the butchered zoom

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:14
LennyBloke wrote:
Welcome back - of course you're remembered

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:17
Algernon wrote:
Welcome back Are you still using the butchered zoom

--

Cheers. Algie.

I used it quite a bit a few years ago but then it's been in the cupboard for a while until a couple of weeks ago. I tried just in the back garden. It's a bit of a pain having to go out and find insects here in the UK with that set up so I doubt I'll be using it as much as I did. Maybe next summer.

Mike-P

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:28
No sorry, don't remember you at all.

Welcome back though ....
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:44
Mike-P wrote:
No sorry, don't remember you at all.

Welcome back though ....

I'm still using those lovely lenses you sold me, Mike! Although I do use the 300 less now I have the 150-450.

Mike-P

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:51
darkskies wrote:
I'm still using those lovely lenses you sold me, Mike! Although I do use the 300 less now I have the 150-450.

I know what you mean, I hardly use mine since getting the 150-450mm and I really should sell it (again) but it's just a lovely lens and great for long distance macro although I doubt you will see as many insects in Manchester as you did France. I still remember bug hunting when living in Spain ... really miss it tbh.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 12/10/2018 - 10:52

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:56
Welcome back and hope you're doing well with all the changes.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:58
Yes, very true, Mike. I used to just go out the back door or even when walking the dog in the French countryside. It is one of the things I miss a lot. Here I would have to make a specific journey somewhere to see a significant number of insects. I have done that once, but it's not the same.
Last Edited by darkskies on 12/10/2018 - 11:00

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 10:59
Jonathan-Mac wrote:
Welcome back and hope you're doing well with all the changes.

Thanks very much!

Yes, I've settled in here (again) now. Got in touch with a lot of old friends and made a lot more in the on the music scene.

johnriley

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 11:02
Connection, connections...the web connects people in very random ways. A chance meeting with my sister-in-law at Pennington Flash started it all!

So welcome back!
Best regards, John

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 11:10
Your sister-in-law? Well, I never expected that!

I was just trying to take photos of some goldfinches in a tree, and she asked me what I was trying to get. And that was how we met each other, her and her husband having a walk round the Flash.

Funny old world!

Cheers, John!

stub

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 11:39
Ah... Now your name I remember..!! Welcome back..
All I can say is that I've only ever been to France on a couple of occasions. Hated it.. Manchester is a far far better place.... Infact the perfect place if your into gig photography..

I also help out the Pennington Wildlife photographers group in their photography. Though Im not overly keen on bird photography personally..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

darkskies

Link Posted 12/10/2018 - 12:01
stub wrote:
Ah... Now your name I remember..!! Welcome back..
All I can say is that I've only ever been to France on a couple of occasions. Hated it.. Manchester is a far far better place.... Infact the perfect place if your into gig photography..

I also help out the Pennington Wildlife photographers group in their photography. Though Im not overly keen on bird photography personally..

Hi Stub, thanks!

You obviously haven't been to the right places in France. I lived there for 12 years! Though I love Manchester too!

Manchester is, indeed, the perfect place for gig photography. I have to be careful I don't end up doing too much. But it's certainly helped me meet and get to know some great people in the music and photography industry.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.