Reloading part exposed film.
Posted 03/01/2004 - 01:37
Link
Hi Kimbo,
If you are unsure how to do it with the compacts, I think the easiest and safest way is to continue using the film on one of your SLRs where you are most comfortable reloading a half-used roll of film, unless you really wanted to shoot with the compacts with it.
That's just my opinion Cheers!
If you are unsure how to do it with the compacts, I think the easiest and safest way is to continue using the film on one of your SLRs where you are most comfortable reloading a half-used roll of film, unless you really wanted to shoot with the compacts with it.
That's just my opinion Cheers!
http://www.photonski.com/shotgun
http://www.pbase.com/santyluib/first_istd_sample_photos
---------------------------------------
"It's only a Pentax!"
http://www.pbase.com/santyluib/first_istd_sample_photos
---------------------------------------
"It's only a Pentax!"
Posted 03/01/2004 - 02:20
Link
Thanks ShotGun,
I think I'll use the SFX, it's the only one currently not loaded with film and it'll be nice to pull it out of retirement - I've not used it for ages!
Didn't really fancy the idea of covering the lens on one of the compacts anyway.
Cheers and a Happy New Year to you.
I think I'll use the SFX, it's the only one currently not loaded with film and it'll be nice to pull it out of retirement - I've not used it for ages!
Didn't really fancy the idea of covering the lens on one of the compacts anyway.
Cheers and a Happy New Year to you.
Die my dear doctor, that's the last thing I shall do!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


599 posts
22 years
Coventry UK
The camera had been rewinding the film after exposing just a few frames.
The 120 (and my 280-P) offer mid-roll rewind but is it possible to reload and continue using the same film in either of these cameras?
I also have an SFX and a Z1-P and I know that the procedure with SLR's is to reload, select a manual shutter speed (flash sync.) and with the lens cap attached, fire the shutter until a frame or two after the last exposed shot.
Is it possible to safely achieve the same thing with a compact?
I have one 36exp. film that I wish to complete (only 6 frames exposed) and I really don't want to lose those shots or pay for processing 30 blank frames.
Should I just use one of the SLR's?
Thanks
Kimbo.