Really Struggling with movement image Help required
Posted 13/05/2007 - 19:57
Link
I actually think you've done just fine - I like the colours of your image and it shows movement. Excellent.
If you still really want to try something else why not look at flowing water or maybe time-lapse photography?
If you still really want to try something else why not look at flowing water or maybe time-lapse photography?
Best regards, John
Posted 13/05/2007 - 20:09
Link
Thanks John
I may enter the waterfall shot I took. It shows water movement (not a large amount but movement all the same)
I think it has good composition and people seem to like it.
I can always use it if I cant find another option in time
Cheers Pete
I may enter the waterfall shot I took. It shows water movement (not a large amount but movement all the same)
I think it has good composition and people seem to like it.
I can always use it if I cant find another option in time
Cheers Pete
Wedding & Portrait photographer
Posted 13/05/2007 - 21:39
Link
incence, black backdrop, table lamps, flash on second curtian sync.
make some images of dancing smoke.
make some images of dancing smoke.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 13/05/2007 - 22:23
Link
Posted 14/05/2007 - 15:19
Link
Well, I'm not a native speaker in English, but aren't there more meanings to the word "movement". Like in music or the movement of a clock? Both could be connected to the movement as in "something moving". Like a clock movement in motion or the conductor of an orchestra moving his baton.
The clock movement has the distinct advantage that you can take your time to set up the shot.
What do you think?
The clock movement has the distinct advantage that you can take your time to set up the shot.
What do you think?
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 14/05/2007 - 15:33
Link
And with the weather as it is, what about your original idea of someone standing still in the street with people moving past them? Should be able to get the shutter speed long enough in the gloom...
Dan
Dan
Posted 14/05/2007 - 15:33
Link
Run down to the local high school band practice and get a slow shutter close up of a metronome (in motion) against an out-of-focus backdrop of the band practicing... Movement (motion) of a movement (the upside down clock-like pendulum of the metronome) during a movement (the musical selection)...
Not terribly difficult to set up - and you'll impress your instructor(s) if they appreciate puns... (If they don't, I'm not to blame... )
Not terribly difficult to set up - and you'll impress your instructor(s) if they appreciate puns... (If they don't, I'm not to blame... )
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
Posted 14/05/2007 - 15:41
Link
Quote:
Not terribly difficult to set up - and you'll impress your instructor(s) if they appreciate puns... (If they don't, I'm not to blame... )
Yeah, the blame will be on me!
Not terribly difficult to set up - and you'll impress your instructor(s) if they appreciate puns... (If they don't, I'm not to blame... )
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 14/05/2007 - 17:41
Link
Quote:
Yeah, the blame will be on me!
I think it'd make a great picture - gonna try it myself...
Yeah, the blame will be on me!
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



740 posts
19 years
West Mids UK
Hi Guys
I tried today to come up with something original (ish) The first attempt at movement was someone blowing white feathers from her palm of the hand against a black backdrop result (DISASTER)
Then thought of going outside and jumping in a big puddle (Bad idea weather two bad even with the k10D weather seals)
Third idea was was this one below but I am not really happy at all with it. I have a week to do something. Looking to do something simple. ANY IDEAS FOLKS. I appreciate some suggestions have been made already but looking for simple things in home if possible.
Pulling my hair out !!! as this test is not really my thing (No I dare not try to capture this)