Re developed website testing required by you guys

petekd
Posted 22/06/2007 - 13:44 Link
Quote:
Hi Pete,

just a quickie.. lunch break.

A portrait slideshow using Leftback makes it look and sound like a memorial to the dead.

You look at any African charity advert for instance, and that's how they get you by the heart strings.

Landscape slideshows.. slightly different, but always ALWAYS give people the option of clicking a mute button. A one click option, because the only other one click option is to close the window..

Work beckons.

Cheers

Liam
Liam Hi

Can you please explain "LeftBack" ???

Pet
Wedding & Portrait photographer
iceblinker
Posted 22/06/2007 - 14:00 Link
Quote:
gartmore wrote:
Quote:
Do you watch films ???? If yes watch a really intense moment without speech and there is always music to go with the sceen. Turn your volume down and you wont get no where near the effect imotionally.
Please dont patronise me. I actually make films for a living
Not being patronising but try choosing your words more carefully. Im sure John Williams (guitarist) would be offended knowing this Brilliant peice of music made you sick.
I suspect he would be more offended if he found out his music was being used for commerial gain without permission or payment (if that is the case). All artists know that not everyone likes their work. Such already well established artists would just laugh at such criticism.

For the website, my suggestion is to have BOTH a slideshow AND a more straightforward gallery.
~Pete
Don
Posted 22/06/2007 - 14:15 Link
That is the route I'm going with mine.
A fast loading cover page with a logo image, and a notice about multmedia content. (people that don't like music can turn thier speakers down, people with slow connections can download a pdf and avoid pages with multimedia)one click to a page with a 30 second power pitch (flash) and links to all other content and pages. users will need to fill out a form to acess the photo albums, tutorials, photography club, and other interactive goddies.

pdf's of all our promotional materials, and mini portfolio books for commercial clients.

Prospects cannot get pricing over the web, but they will be able to book appointments to view the work. (online appointment calendar).
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
LiamD
Posted 22/06/2007 - 18:17 Link
Quote:
LiamD wrote:
Hi Pete,

just a quickie.. lunch break.

A portrait slideshow using Leftback makes it look and sound like a memorial to the dead.

You look at any African charity advert for instance, and that's how they get you by the heart strings.

Landscape slideshows.. slightly different, but always ALWAYS give people the option of clicking a mute button. A one click option, because the only other one click option is to close the window..

Work beckons.

Cheers

Liam
Liam Hi

Can you please explain "LeftBack" ???

Pet
Hi Pete..

Wrong "Gallery music".. Leftbank (spelt it wrong earlier) was the theme tune to Tony Hart's veiwers paintings gallery in the TV programme Vision On.. whereas the tune you've used is Cavatina, the theme tune to Tony Hart's veiwers paintings gallery in Take Hart. A generation gap..

My point about it looking like a memorial still stands though. It's people smiling, so a nice upbeat tune, if you have to have music would be more fitting. IMHO anways.

Cheers

Liam
Liam


"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James

Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Transit
Posted 26/06/2007 - 11:07 Link
I like the layout ...looks good.
Nice picture of swans.
Sorry I didn't stay long as
I don't want to look at a buffer loading bar.

Pete
K-1 K-01 Q-7
some len

Close to the Edge
Down by the River
petekd
Posted 26/06/2007 - 12:11 Link
Quote:
I like the layout ...looks good.
Nice picture of swans.
Sorry I didn't stay long as
I don't want to look at a buffer loading bar.

Pete
What internet connection speed do you have ?? Also did you try the other galleries ie portraits ??
Wedding & Portrait photographer
MattMatic
Posted 26/06/2007 - 12:41 Link
Just tried it on our 8Mb link... I get the "Buffering" showing quite a lot.

And, I nearly died laughing when I heard the music for the Black & White... couldn't get the Grumbleweeds spoof "Hovis" ad out of my mind ("Aye, kept me rheglar. Six thirty evry mornin'.... Trouble wus, I didn' get up till seven." )

EDIT: Just been googling... (you need the Hovis music for this)
Quote:
He were a great baker our Dad. He were great at first aid and all. I remember one day, Tommy the butcher's boy fell of his bike and bike and broke his arm.
Well, me Dad were straight over there and strapped it up with one of them long french loaves.
"There you are lad, it'll be as right as rain in no time !"
Would have been alright an all, but riding home, end of loaf got caught in the spokes and he fell under a bus !
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
petekd
Posted 26/06/2007 - 17:12 Link
Hi Matt

Thought the music would make you laugh

Its all in test mode at the moment as Im still working on the site and music etc.. No worrys wont be using this music !

When its finished I will advise

Cheers Pete
Wedding & Portrait photographer

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo