Re:Auto Focus

sandy
Posted 24/01/2010 - 17:01 Link
I went to Speakers Corner today t get some photos for the weekly comp. The trouble when I got there my Pentax K7 would not work on auto focus with my Pentax 50-135mm lens. I took the lens off and put it back on and changed the battery, however it would still only work using manual focus. Since arriving home I have tried the camera with my 16-50mm lens and it works on auto focus alright with that lens. Any suggestion I have just the 50-135mm before with no problems.
mikew
Posted 24/01/2010 - 17:11 Link
Clean the contacts on the lens? But I expect you've done this already.
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Anvh
Posted 24/01/2010 - 17:13 Link
What is the switch on the lens set on?
It might have coincidently switch to MF, had it happen once and I was also yelling at the camera
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
pink
Posted 24/01/2010 - 17:44 Link
dose the 50-135 have a extra switch for manual on the lens ??

James

Or even a lock ??
Edited by pink: 24/01/2010 - 17:45
K10D
Posted 24/01/2010 - 17:50 Link
pink wrote:
dose the 50-135 have a extra switch for manual on the lens ??

James

Or even a lock ??
Switch. AF/MF

Regards
Too far from a shore.
matwhittington
Posted 24/01/2010 - 18:51 Link
I had the same happen with my 50-135mm when I first got it. It started working properly after I cleaned the contacts on the lens. Hope you get yours working soon!

Regards

Mat
Mat W

My Flickr: link
sandy
Posted 24/01/2010 - 19:30 Link
The switch was on AF on the lens and the camera. I have had a go at cleaning the contacts and it seems to be working ok. Thanks very much for the suggestions

Sandy
pink
Posted 24/01/2010 - 20:58 Link
glad you've got it working

James
womble
Posted 26/01/2010 - 21:48 Link
Glad you got it working. The motor in my 50-135mm died and had to be replaced

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Unlocker
Posted 27/01/2010 - 10:08 Link
Mines going again after being fixed under warranty last month!
Anvh
Posted 27/01/2010 - 13:18 Link
Unlocker wrote:
Mines going again after being fixed under warranty last month!
Then it's still under warranty of the repair... hopefully
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo