RAW images into Adobe Photoshop

aovens
Posted 28/02/2007 - 10:08 Link
I've taken a number of shots in RAW and downloaded them onto my laptop. I was intending to open them in Photoshop but it won't open the files.

Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
benjikan
Posted 28/02/2007 - 10:22 Link
Quote:
I've taken a number of shots in RAW and downloaded them onto my laptop. I was intending to open them in Photoshop but it won't open the files.

Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Set your Pentax K10D to DNG Raw and it will open in PS under the program Camera Raw. Make sure that you have at least Camera Raw 2.4 or higher in PS. You can download it from Adobe.com I have no difficulty opening the Pentax files in PS 8 or higher.
MattMatic
Posted 28/02/2007 - 10:27 Link
Which camera??

If it's the K10D, or if your version of Photoshop is older, then you'll need to download the Adobe Camera RAW update from their website

(But a fair few of us use Photoshop for editing and finishing, but other applications like Capture One or Silkypix for converting the RAW files first)

Matt
aovens
Posted 28/02/2007 - 10:52 Link
OOps, bit of a newby to all this forum stuff and forgot to mention my camera is a K100D.

Does that make a difference?
Rodger Fooks
Posted 28/02/2007 - 11:06 Link
If you are using CS2 then the new version of camera raw update on http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ which will support it.

There is a free version of Silkypix available on the Silkypix web site and 30 day trial of the full version. http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/
Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.
aovens
Posted 28/02/2007 - 11:21 Link
Thanks everyone, I've downloaded the Silkypix software as a fix but when I've got time I'll investigate the Adobe options.
Arthur Dent
Posted 28/02/2007 - 22:16 Link
Adobe Camera RAW 3.7 should open your files for you. It'll even open K10D PEF's.
42 Comment Image

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo