Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

R2400 just died!

bettyswolloks
Posted 25/09/2012 - 19:31 Link
Just printed off something for the Boy, nothing special a few low res images on a sheet of A4. There were lines in the print, not a problem. But as it was booted up I ran the cleaning cycle, it needed to be ran twice which isn't unusual. It couldn't complete the 2nd cycle as it said there wasn't enough ink. As I've been running a Lyson ciss all that's needed is to turn it off and on again and the auto reset chips tell it its got new cart's in. It turned off. It turned on, I went to make a brew. When I came back in it was off. Now it will not switch back on. Fuse and cord checked and blower used on the On button. No joy. The waste ink tank is ok and there were no flashing red lights. It's now being left un-plugged till morning just incase its some kind of thermal problem.

Any ideas guys?
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Edited by bettyswolloks: 25/09/2012 - 19:33
redbusa99
Posted 25/09/2012 - 19:36 Link
not sure about this but i think i saw somewhere this could happen if the sponge that soaks up excess ink becomes saturated, you may have removed it fitting a ciss i don,t know, just a thought.
odd lens or 2

Flickr
bettyswolloks
Posted 25/09/2012 - 19:38 Link
redbusa99 wrote:
not sure about this but i think i saw somewhere this could happen if the sponge that soaks up excess ink becomes saturated, you may have removed it fitting a ciss i don,t know, just a thought.

Cheers Pal, thats the ink tank I mention though.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
steven9761
Posted 25/09/2012 - 20:47 Link
Lines on the prints suggests clogged inkjet nozzles. Try giving the printheads a wipe with one of those isopropyl alcohol swabs (like they use at the hospitals, prior to you becoming a medical voodoo doll!).

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.