Put my mind at rest, please!
Posted 26/01/2011 - 21:50
Link
OK the K5 is a good camera. In fact it is a brilliant camera.
What did they say that got you so worried??
What did they say that got you so worried??
Posted 26/01/2011 - 21:58
Link
You spent a grand on a camera without reading any reviews on it?
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:12
Link
Graham wrote:
I took delivery of a K-5 today. Unfortunately, by the time I got home it was dark, so I've not had chance to have a good play with it yet.
I've just, foolishly, visited Pentaxforums, something I swore I'd never do again.
Please tell me the K-5 is a good camera!
What have you read that has caused you to panic over the camera.I took delivery of a K-5 today. Unfortunately, by the time I got home it was dark, so I've not had chance to have a good play with it yet.
I've just, foolishly, visited Pentaxforums, something I swore I'd never do again.
Please tell me the K-5 is a good camera!
Ian
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:15
Link
You got the wrong camera!!!!!!
Seriously though, I have had mine for 3 weeks, and so far. FANTASTIC!
Seriously though, I have had mine for 3 weeks, and so far. FANTASTIC!
Some Cameras
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:38
Link
snappychappy wrote:
You spent a grand on a camera without reading any reviews on it?
You spent a grand on a camera without reading any reviews on it?
snappychappy wrote:
You spent a grand on a camera without reading any reviews on it?
Of course not. Imagine a giant tongue in cheek watermark under my OP.You spent a grand on a camera without reading any reviews on it?
Porof readnig a speliacity
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:39
Link
Unlocker wrote:
You found one?
Still waiting for mine.
Got Park Cameras' last one; tried SRS first.
You found one?
Still waiting for mine.
Porof readnig a speliacity
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:44
Link
philstaff wrote:
Ian
It won't focus indoors, it won't focus outdoors, it won't work with flash, it's not full frame, Pentax is going bust, the sky is falling, it'll rob my Grandma, and there are live slugs inside the sensor. To name a few.Graham wrote:
I took delivery of a K-5 today. Unfortunately, by the time I got home it was dark, so I've not had chance to have a good play with it yet.
I've just, foolishly, visited Pentaxforums, something I swore I'd never do again.
Please tell me the K-5 is a good camera!
What have you read that has caused you to panic over the camera.I took delivery of a K-5 today. Unfortunately, by the time I got home it was dark, so I've not had chance to have a good play with it yet.
I've just, foolishly, visited Pentaxforums, something I swore I'd never do again.
Please tell me the K-5 is a good camera!
Ian
Porof readnig a speliacity
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:48
Link
i hate mine
regards
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Roy
Pentax K3 gripped,and some lenses
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentaxroy/
my pbase gallery
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:55
Link
Well apart from the EV4 Low light Front Focussing problem the K5 is a fantastic camera!!!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:55
Link
If you put a < character before the EV4 in the sentence above it cuts the rest of the sentence off.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 26/01/2011 - 22:55
Link
What do you mean "you didn't get a chance to use it because it was dark"? From all I've read, the middle of the night is when its primary improvements (less hunty AF and better high-ISO) come into their own. Go find a black cat!
Posted 26/01/2011 - 23:07
Link
MrCynical wrote:
What do you mean "you didn't get a chance to use it because it was dark"? From all I've read, the middle of the night is when its primary improvements (less hunty AF and better high-ISO) come into their own. Go find a black cat!
Indeed the day I got my K-5 I went out shooting in town at night.
What do you mean "you didn't get a chance to use it because it was dark"? From all I've read, the middle of the night is when its primary improvements (less hunty AF and better high-ISO) come into their own. Go find a black cat!
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


95 posts
18 years
East Midlands,
England
I've just, foolishly, visited Pentaxforums, something I swore I'd never do again.
Please tell me the K-5 is a good camera!