Product Registration

Error
  • You need to be logged in to vote on this poll

Dwiea

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 12:09
Okay so I only had a quick look at this the other night but the little registration form for Pentax lens (and camera?) needs a dealer stamp? If I bought one from amazon how do I get it stamped ? oO

I should really register all my gear but don't think I ever have, I'm an idiot I know!

johnriley

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 12:40
Unfortunately, the last option is a bit judgemental. It could be said that someone doesn't register their products because they know it isn't necessary. That doesn't equate with being lazy....
Best regards, John

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 12:44
I've never registered anything. Not because I can't be bothered, but because it is not necessary, and even impossible to do for equipment bought here in the Netherlands.
So I haven't answered your poll.

JohnX

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 12:58
The dealer stamp isn't an issue, as you can (or could) register on-line.

One upside to registereing kit was that you receievd a discount voucher back against future purchases.

Dob't know whether Pentax Ricoh do with on-line registration or discounts.

Dwiea

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 13:19
Interesting I thought I read that you couldn't register pentax stuff online and had to send it away in the post. I'll have to look into that.

Sorry for being 'judgemental' John but I was unaware there were circumstances (like Gwyns) where you could not register a product. I don't see it as being judgemental though ... maybe just ignorant of how some areas warranties work

Horst

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 13:21
I can't really see why any product I purchased should need registering.

I bought the item, paid for it and received a receipt and my guarantee papers. Why should I need to tell the manufacturer who I am, what I bought and why.
The crap often specified on on some piece of paper which comes with it , saying unless I register it, the guarantee is not valid, is pure bullshit.
All Items purchased in all western countries are guaranteed for a given period by law. No matter if it is registered or not.

Regards, Horst

cabstar

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 14:13
I bought my k-5 used on eBay, the seller provided me the receipt from WEX with his name blanked out. I had no problem getting the camera repaired under warranty from jps including a copy of this receipt with the fault.

Warranty registration is a way for companies to get primary data from their customers which they can use and sell...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Mike-P

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 16:51
I only register something if there is a good reason to do so.
I registered my Sigma lenses as you get an extra 2 years warranty, my coffee maker because I got a free water filter and the new microwave oven as we got a cookey book and Le Creuset casserole dish.

Pentax gave me no reason to

Algernon

Link Posted 25/10/2012 - 17:48
Register it they might send you a free ticket to
America like Hoover did
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

blob

Link Posted 08/11/2012 - 10:55
In the past I've done online registration becuase it put all my serial numbers in a convenient place in case of theft. I don't know if Pentax runs a theft register? Do dealers check when kit goes in for repair / service?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.