Problems using AF-360FGZ (again)

Ava
Posted 09/02/2008 - 18:11 Link
I'm not certain if this is the right place for this. I am trying to learn how to use the AF-360FGZ with my K100D. (By the way, I just ordered a K10D )

The manual that came with it is very bad. It seems to automatically adjust with my automatic pentax lenses.

I can't figure out how to increase or decrease the intensity of the flash output.

The manual says that if you press the S, you should be able to turn the dial to the correct iso, but mine never says ISO when I press it when it is set to P-TTL.. There is a 0 which blinks and I can't turn it higher than one, and the other direction starts to give me negative numbers. To the right there are fractions that you can change.

If I am in A mode is says ISO 100, but I can't change it to anything else.

I am VERY confused!!!

Does anyone have this flash? Can anyone tell me in a clear way how it operates?
Ava
Posted 09/02/2008 - 18:14 Link
Opps- guess this should have been in the flash section. Feel free to move it!
amoringello
Posted 09/02/2008 - 19:47 Link
In PTTL, you can simply adjust to +1.0 down to -3.0 stops (that is double the normal intensity, down to 1/8th power. Same amount, but in PTTL the metering is controlled by the camera, so flash ISO setting has no bearing on exposure.

If you change the flash mode to A you can change to response based on ISO, but this does not communicate with the camera. In this made the flash's sensor adjusts brightness according to its settings. i.e. just slightly smarter than Manual mode, but not necessarily knowledgeable of your camera settings.

By the way, in A mode, hit the S again, and you should be able to change the ISO. Two values can be modified in A mode, as opposed to PTTL or M.

I have to agree, the manual is not very specific on how things work. The above is unfortunately what I have determined from experimentation more than from reading the manual.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo