Problem with Extak

aliengrove

Link Posted 26/08/2013 - 18:00
Just a heads up, I recently ordered a keyboard from a website called Extak.com. They kept telling me the order was delayed, now they don't answer emails and have deleted my account from their site, ie I can't log in and they say my email address is not registered. They have also not responded to any emails.

Luckily I used my Visa card, and Visa are refunding me. Meanwhile, I'd advise people not to order anything from this company.
Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook

greynolds999

Link Posted 26/08/2013 - 19:43
But their VAT number and Company No are genuine.

I'm not saying that you don't have a valid complaint but your words may be considered libellous (specifically the title).
My Photobucket

JohnX

Link Posted 26/08/2013 - 19:53
They seem to have had a run of complaints this past month or so.

johnriley

Link Posted 26/08/2013 - 19:54
I have changed the title as it could be seen as libellous. It's fine to report experiences, but please be careful to only report facts and you should be fine.

johnsouthwales

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 12:52
maybe this has something to do with it -
http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/sep/28/bankrupt-electrical-firm-wae-extak

my own expereinece is thus. i placed an order, i have no delivery. contact extak, week ir so later they reply, delivered at mailbox.. hmm, the package wouldn't have fit through the letterbox anyway.

some more emails went back and fore, then they gave me the tracking number. i register with the courier and looked at the couriers proof of delivery, it says delivered at mailbox.

so i get back to extak and asked what's going on? then i asked them what address have YOU printed on the parcel? they replied with the details i registered with them.

then i asked the courier what address is on the proof of delivery?
they replied... the address has been changed

who? why? gets interesting.. they omiited the last two letters in the postcode prefix. and left out my name? why?

so, if you can imagine the courier turning up in that area, thinking what on earth do i do with this parcel? either the courier has literally called round anyone's house at random and scarpered or put it in the bin, because the driver has signed the parcel as delivered.

or maybe taken it back to the depot, find there is no return label or invoice, so what do they do?

the only other thing that is on the label is my house number and a slightly changed street address. they changed the letter u to a y, and that wouldn't beared any influence anyway, and there is no other street with an identical name in the area the courier had been, which starts a mile away and stretches for another two miles up the valley, including farm houses.

so, my postcode is say sa18 3kk, they have changed the postcode to sa18 2 and left out the last two letters.. which means they post them to non existant addresses and non deliverable addresses. making it impossible to trace, unless the driver has a dam good memory where they left it.

i asked the courier to contact the driver, no reply.

now, we need to locate this item to prove there is something untoward.

and as soon as a customer asks extak to activate the track and trace facility with the courier, they cancel the order. why? because they do not want the customer to find the parcel.. why?

an interesting point has arisen, it has been stated you may not receive your order with english instructions. also, you may receive an identical product...

maybe they are non uk compliant products? who knows. and the customer won't know because they have made the parcel impossible to detect.
the customer can't go to trading standards because the proof is undetectable, they company have offered a refund (even if they haven't received it). so trading standards won't get involved because the law says as long as the company has offered a resolution. and when a resolution has not been made, it is for the consumer to take the company to county court which could cost more money than the item itself and the court application fee is non-returnable as an award.. and even if they don't show up in court, the judge will automatically award the consumer, but will involve another lot of applications to retrieve the money by order of payment. or even if they do show up in court and the judge orders the refund, that still doesn't mean the consumer will get their money back
Last Edited by johnsouthwales on 04/10/2013 - 13:14

EpicFail

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 13:05
I think it's easy to take the likes of Amazon for granted at times.

cabstar

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 13:31
And this is on a pentax forum because?
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

EpicFail

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 15:27
cabstar wrote:

Can nothing be mentioned if it isn't about Pentax?

I'm new here, I didn't know...

Mongoose

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 15:34
cabstar wrote:

because most of the people here use computers to process the output from our digital cameras, and might benefit from knowing that a particular supplier is causeing trouble?

General Chat, the clue is in the title.
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

johnriley

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 16:54
The forum is indeed for things "of interest to Pentax Users", but we know that really. I'm sure aliengrove thought his experience might help other Pentax Users. After all, we process our images using computers.

Except when we use the darkroom of course.
Best regards, John

cabstar

Link Posted 04/10/2013 - 22:13
EpicFail wrote:
cabstar wrote:

Can nothing be mentioned if it isn't about Pentax?

I'm new here, I didn't know...

Not normally no....
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

Smeggypants

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 02:10
johnriley wrote:
The forum is indeed for things "of interest to Pentax Users", but we know that really. I'm sure aliengrove thought his experience might help other Pentax Users. After all, we process our images using computers.

Except when we use the darkroom of course.

I'm a pentax user and curries are of interest to me.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

johnriley

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 08:43
Curries are not Pentax-related.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.