prime lenses
Posted 04/09/2009 - 18:30
Link
mattox wrote:
I would stick with pentax lenses. Their prime lense are the best and stand out from the rest in my experience. I personally shoot regularly with the Fa 35mm f 2. It's a fantastic all rounder for that eye angle look, but that all depends on your style. You should firstly think about what you like to shoot and what you want to achieve. If you are looking for a lense that will shoot under any condition and you like the feel of approaching your scene from various artistic angles, then this is the lense for you. You can still find around on ebay international the Fa for under £200.
Can't argue with that. What other manufacturer can list the 21mm, 31mm, 40mm, 43mm, 70mm and 77mm Limiteds, all considered amongst the finest prime optics made. And lets not forget the 35mm F2, the 50mm F1.4, 50mm F1.7, 55mm F1.8 A and the "holy grail" 85mm FA* F1.4. Of course, none!I would stick with pentax lenses. Their prime lense are the best and stand out from the rest in my experience. I personally shoot regularly with the Fa 35mm f 2. It's a fantastic all rounder for that eye angle look, but that all depends on your style. You should firstly think about what you like to shoot and what you want to achieve. If you are looking for a lense that will shoot under any condition and you like the feel of approaching your scene from various artistic angles, then this is the lense for you. You can still find around on ebay international the Fa for under £200.
Only Leica can be considered to make "better" primes, but with prices up to 10x Pentax primes, they can't really be rivals.
Anyway one of my favourite lenses is the Takumar 135mm F2.5, lovely creamy bokeh, no coating though, but that does'nt matter. Price? a mere £40 secondhand.
Some Cameras
Posted 04/09/2009 - 21:16
Link
It's good to read something good about Pentax, like he said they are quite forgotten nowadays
The 77 is still on my wish-list for the perfect portrait lens, someday I'll get one.
The 31 would be a perfect walk around lens... yeah someday
The 77 is still on my wish-list for the perfect portrait lens, someday I'll get one.
The 31 would be a perfect walk around lens... yeah someday
Posted 04/09/2009 - 21:25
Link
I've never read that article before. Now I know what I want for my birthday. Unfortunatly its going to mean a second mortgage though !
Anyone care to make a donation ?
/Ian
Anyone care to make a donation ?
/Ian
K10D & Super A user.
Posted 05/09/2009 - 17:36
Link
The 77mm is on my wish list... I'll make do with the Jupiter 85mm meanwhile (when I get home and get a chance to play, that is).
Kris.
Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



631 posts
17 years
West Wiltshire
So much to learn.
Regards
Chris