Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Pricing of Prints.

bettyswolloks
Posted 02/04/2012 - 17:26 Link
Hello all I've got a job on saturday, shooting a Faery ball! I've got a tidy little area to setup my lights and backdrop and my site has a shop setup to sell the prints. I'm printing them at home on my epson R2400 using Lyson pigment inks and Hahnemuhle paper. I know this isn't the best way but its what I'm doing this time round. This is the 1st of many such balls that I've landed to shoot. Any money I make is mine to keep. Now here's the thing, how do I price my prints? I know roughly what they actually cost me, I'll know exactly when my Ciss needs refilling. I'm gunna be there all day, from 8am till its finish at midnight. Its not really a case of what is my time worth and I dont want to milk it for every possible penny, its a favour for a very good friend and would do it just for the experiance but as I'm still reeling from a recent dose of unemployment the some free money would be nice

How much is to much? I initially thought of pricing them at £15 if bought through the website and £10 if paid on the day. Is that high? Any ideas folks?
This is my little corner
Comment Image
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
steven9761
Posted 02/04/2012 - 17:35 - Helpful Comment Link
I'd say that if you are selling the prints online, keep the price to a reasonable minimum - £10 may be about right. To make it attractive to the potential customer, price the photos at perhaps £8.50 ON THE DAY, but price them at £12-15 for non-online orders (postal requests, etc) thereafter.

I'm guessing your actual overheads (labour, leccy, ink, wear & tear on the printer, wastage) will not exceed (at a maximum) £2.00 per print, so there's a generous profit margin.
Blythman
Posted 02/04/2012 - 17:59 Link
Too late to consider hiring a dye-sub printer for the day? Or even bringing in someone local that does events and already has one. Printing on site should make a massive increase in your sales
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Edited by Blythman: 02/04/2012 - 18:00
bettyswolloks
Posted 02/04/2012 - 18:32 Link
Blythman wrote:
Too late to consider hiring a dye-sub printer for the day? Or even bringing in someone local that does events and already has one. Printing on site should make a massive increase in your sales

Its to late to get someone in, its easter weekend and the only local fella that does events is busy. Ive been looking at buying a dye-sub but really need to see how the 1st one goes before I invest.
Out of intrest where would I hire one from?
Blythman
Posted 02/04/2012 - 18:37 - Helpful Comment Link
Just found this via google http://www.photomart.co.uk/content/contentextra/printershire/hiretermsconditions...

Might help. I believe they are the biggest Dye-sub sellers in the uk.
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Blythman
Posted 02/04/2012 - 18:42 - Helpful Comment Link
You could maybe do a 9"x6" for a tenner. with an offer on the day of 3 for £20.

Sales also available after the event for different sizes
Alan

PPG
Flickr
bettyswolloks
Posted 02/04/2012 - 19:55 Link
I plan on selling A4 prints, mainly because thats what I have the most of, at a tenner paid upfront on the day or fifteen online. I can then sit back and edit and offer various versions of the images to try and secure more sales.
Thanx for the link btw

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.