preparing image for printing

mattox

Link Posted 30/12/2009 - 11:24
Having being contacted by a person via my website who wishes to purchase one of my images in panoramic print, i thought i would pop a line to the pentaxians first to find out some info on the subject. If this image is in standard format, how do I prepare it for a panoramic print? If using snapfish will they automatically adjust the image to fit the print size for me (where some cropping will be evident?), or do I have to pre adjust the image size diameters myself so that it is prepared for panoramic print?

johnriley

Link Posted 30/12/2009 - 11:38
You need to know what size the buyer wants and for what purpose.

If for use on a website then you'll need to know what pixel dimensions they want and provide a 72ppi image file of the appropriate size.

If for a print then the print size required. Then prepare an image of that size at a resolution of 300ppi.

These adjustments can be done in Photoshop and if you subscibe to Pentax User then you will find my article in the new issue due out in January that explains all about resizing! I sound like an advertisment now...perhaps I should end this "Subscribe now online!"

However, the above sums it all up in two sentences.
Best regards, John

pink

Link Posted 30/12/2009 - 13:03
I'm going to subscribe again this year.

I wonder if I'm going to receive all my subscription copies this time. ????

Is it one a quarter or every six months ??

I think I received 4 mag's last time i subscribed

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

johnriley

Link Posted 30/12/2009 - 13:33
If you received 4 then you received a year's worth, as it is issued once every quarter. The dates are clearly given in the magazine! The issues are also numbered, so you can tell if you've missed one.
Best regards, John

pink

Link Posted 30/12/2009 - 17:49
Dear John
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I had no Idea as it was a gift Subscription. and it was about two years ago

I'm looking forward to renewing my subscription this year.

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY

mattox

Link Posted 31/12/2009 - 09:40
johnriley wrote:

If for use on a website then you'll need to know what pixel dimensions they want and provide a 72ppi image file of the appropriate size.

If for a print then the print size required. Then prepare an image of that size at a resolution of 300ppi.

These adjustments can be done in Photoshop and if you subscibe to Pentax User then you will find my article in the new issue due out in January that explains all about resizing! I sound like an advertisment now...perhaps I should end this "Subscribe now online!"

However, the above sums it all up in two sentences.

well i am just going to have to subsribe then

DOIK

Link Posted 31/12/2009 - 09:59
johnriley wrote:

Don't forget to set the colour space to sRGB for web use.

John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.