PPG loves me again.

Malo1961
Posted 02/10/2009 - 22:03 Link
I just noticed my "Xerophyte in green" picture has been accepted.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
mikew
Posted 02/10/2009 - 22:06 Link
Hardly surprising it's a cracking shot. The first time I saw it here I was stunned by it.

Mike
---------------------------------------------------

You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Snootchies
Posted 02/10/2009 - 22:19 Link
I agree, it's stunning!!!!!!!
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link
Anvh
Posted 02/10/2009 - 22:40 Link
Congratulations it's an amazing shot.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
fatspider
Posted 02/10/2009 - 22:51 Link
Congrats Martin, well deserved.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Mike-P
Posted 02/10/2009 - 23:42 Link
Very nice pic ... well done
pschlute
Posted 03/10/2009 - 00:17 Link
Yep , great shot Martin
alig
Posted 03/10/2009 - 00:18 Link
Very well done Martin, cracking shot, love the whole set.

ali
Cheers

Ali

ist* DS & Ricoh GR
nathanever82
Posted 03/10/2009 - 00:44 Link
Ahhh GORGEOUS!

One of the very few different nature photographs i've been voting on!
Absolutely splendid, I am glad that my vote helped it to get accepted!

Now PLEASE vote for some of mine... you recognise them cause they are the mediocre ugly pics that come up every now and then!!!!

Nathan
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
aminstar
Posted 03/10/2009 - 08:15 Link
Martin, that is a cracking shot. I might be wrong but I have some of those in my back garden and I never noticed it enough to consider taking a shot at it . I guess it takes an artistic eye to visualise it and extract beauty out of it .
That turned out to be really great, love it and fully deserved to be in the gallery, congratulations
Prieni
Posted 03/10/2009 - 09:22 Link
Well deserved, great shot! I have a minor niggle, though. Seems to me that there is an artificial vignetting added which is rhombic in shape. Is that true or am I betrayed by my weird brain again?

I hadn't seen that water flower shot before. That is sooooo stunning.
This is a bloody marvellous collection you have there.

Prieni
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Malo1961
Posted 03/10/2009 - 09:54 Link
Prieni wrote:
I have a minor niggle, though. Seems to me that there is an artificial vignetting added which is rhombic in shape.
Prieni
Not a vignette, but In LR 2 you now have the option to apply local adjustments using a brush or a graduated filter.
This I used to darken the corners and mask off some ugly bits of the pot, in which the subject was planted.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
aminstar
Posted 03/10/2009 - 10:12 Link
Malo1961 wrote:
Prieni wrote:
I have a minor niggle, though. Seems to me that there is an artificial vignetting added which is rhombic in shape.
Prieni
Not a vignette, but In LR 2 you now have the option to apply local adjustments using a brush or a graduated filter.
This I used to darken the corners and mask off some ugly bits of the pot, in which the subject was planted.
Martin, I can see why many members here consider you a genius with image editor softwares , you really work out magic with it, just looking at the images in your PF and the PPG says it all. Of course the image has to be stunning to begin with but definitely the enhancements you work on them gives that extra punch to them.

Wouldn't mind having you as a tutor for my PS lessons .
I might start bugging you with requests for help on images when I come across, definitely my PS skills could do with a bit of extra help.
I know there is plenty of help around the net and I do use it frequently, but having someone like you with your skills giving a direct and personal input is always much more helpful
misiek_knm
Posted 03/10/2009 - 11:06 Link
Congratulations, Martin, well deserved!
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
davidtrout
Posted 03/10/2009 - 11:09 Link
Well done Martin. As has already been said, its a stunning photograph.
david

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo