Portmeirion

droopsnoot

Link Posted 16/07/2017 - 19:14
I know, done to death, but I'd never been here before and some mates were going for a day out.

procIMGP9684 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

procIMGP9699 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

procIMGP9702 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

procIMGP9741_stitch by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

procIMGP9746 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

procIMGP9760 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

I've recently installed Microsoft Ice to stitch images together, but I've tried to resist just posting a load of them. I was impressed by the results. I think there's only one above.

As always, any comments or criticism gratefully received. It's a really nice location and we managed to drop on a great day to visit. Only down side was that it was very busy.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

pschlute

Link Posted 16/07/2017 - 20:45
I have never been, and I really should. I used to watch "The Prisoner" as a young boy.

You had a great day to photograph in and have shown it off beautifully. I like the other pano on your flickr page too.

My fave for this set is the third one. But I wish you had posted it last so i could have said "number 6"
Peter

My Flickr page

johnriley

Link Posted 16/07/2017 - 23:15
Done to death or not, it's still a great place for photography as you've very ably demonstrated!
Best regards, John

droopsnoot

Link Posted 17/07/2017 - 11:42
Cheers all. I'm sure the weather really helped, though I did think that it would be a nice place to photograph after dark. I imagine that's only possible for residents / guests though.

davidtrout

Link Posted 17/07/2017 - 16:01
It may have been done to death but you've come up with some original viewpoints. Well worth viewing.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

walkeja

Link Posted 18/07/2017 - 11:04
I am hoping to go in September when we have a week near Conwy. Hope the weather is as good as you had.
Pentax K3, MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 18-55 WR DA, 50-200 WR DA, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, M 20, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7
ONE UNITED Member

droopsnoot

Link Posted 18/07/2017 - 19:31
Yes, we were really lucky, especially compared to the cloud and rain we'd had for the two days prior to the trip.

johnriley

Link Posted 18/07/2017 - 21:49
One 2nd January, a few years back, we travelled from Manchester to Portmeirion through blizzards. Once there, it was clear skies and warm sunshine. The area is a small micro-climate all of its own as it is so sheltered.

So the chances of good weather are very high!
Best regards, John

michaelblue

Link Posted 20/07/2017 - 17:29
This place is unique and really should be visited on a sunny day to appreciate all the colours and the atmosphere.
I lived not too far away and have been on dull and wet days, it's quite disappointing on a dull day but when the sun shines the place seems to come alive. Particularly interesting if you used to watch 'The Prisoner'
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.