Portland Prison & Young Offender Institution

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/04/2022 - 15:13
HMP/YOI Portland isn't the first place you'd think of as a subject for a photograph. It's hardly what you'd call beautiful and taking a close up photographic interest might get you - how shall I put it - 'noticed'. However, with a couple of horses in the foreground and bit of mist rolling over the nearby clifftops it seemed worth pressing the shutter button while the grandkids were giving some goats the benefit of their attention.

Q-S1 + 06 lens.

Thoughts, comments welcome as usual.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 15/04/2022 - 15:37
Ponden Hall below Wuthering Heights?

It looks bleak enough.

Best regards

vic cross

Link Posted 16/04/2022 - 01:33
Cor. That brings back memories. I was in that place twice. NOT as an inmate but first to demonstrate a machine which I used to sell and then back again to teach them how to use it. The kids in there had some really good people looking after them. They had Engineering. Farming. Woodworking and many other trades to learn. Some of the kids were OK and I'm sure they came out of it well. One or two were of the type "I KNOW IT ALL" but most were good kids.
Happy Days. OH and nice photo by the way.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 23/04/2022 - 09:37
Love the softness that mist is giving you, just read you comment on my thread! I can imagine the scene now, cursing under your breath so no one could hear
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - K3ii - two Z-1P - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm OS HSM - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm - Sigma EX 20mm - FA 28-70mm f4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

My Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.