Porst 55/1.2
Posted 11/02/2008 - 13:41
Link
Hi and welcome!
Niblue has one of those, I guess, and he seems to like it. Nevertheless, the Pentax-K 50mm F/1.2 is going for very affordable prices on the Bay. I sold mine a couple of months ago for less than that value (and now I kind of regret it... but the money for the 77mm had to come from somewhere).
Remember that ultrafast manual focus lenses are very hard to focus when wide open... it seems easy on the viewfinder, but you usually have only a few milimeters of DOF to play with at 1.2... that was the other reason I sold mine.
Have fun!
Niblue has one of those, I guess, and he seems to like it. Nevertheless, the Pentax-K 50mm F/1.2 is going for very affordable prices on the Bay. I sold mine a couple of months ago for less than that value (and now I kind of regret it... but the money for the 77mm had to come from somewhere).
Remember that ultrafast manual focus lenses are very hard to focus when wide open... it seems easy on the viewfinder, but you usually have only a few milimeters of DOF to play with at 1.2... that was the other reason I sold mine.
Have fun!
Posted 11/02/2008 - 14:23
Link
I do indeed have one of the Porst 55mm F1.2's (see http://www.pbase.com/niblue/porst_55 for some example shots) which I like, however I think I paid about £30 or so for mine - no way would I pay 150 Euros for one.
I haven't had any problem accurarely focusing it with the DS or K10D and I mostly use mine wide open.
I haven't had any problem accurarely focusing it with the DS or K10D and I mostly use mine wide open.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


102 posts
18 years
Greetings