Police Helecopter

Mike-P
Posted 29/01/2009 - 11:34 Link
Was out in the garden this morning when a police helicopter buzzed over 3 or 4 times so ran in to grab the camera.
I took a couple of quick shots but he was flying very low and must of seen me because he hovered overhead for about 60 seconds (seemed a lot longer) and in the 3rd shot you can just about make out someone taking a photo of me taking a photo of them.
Would have liked to have got some blade movement in the first two but as usual I was more intent on grabbing the picture instead of thinking about what I was doing.

Anyway, putting them on here quick as I am expecting to be raided at any second ....

Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Comment Image


Hmmm, just noticed some gunk on my sensor ...
Edited by Mike-P: 29/01/2009 - 11:46
terje-l
Posted 29/01/2009 - 14:20 Link
Nice shots, especially #3.

But yes, you do have dust on your sensor.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
ttk
Posted 29/01/2009 - 17:19 Link
Nice shots 3+4 for me.
Tel,
jackitec
Posted 29/01/2009 - 21:10 Link
Great shots of the boys your clocked, the gunk is not on your sensor it's on your filter or lens but I suspect it's the filter.
Jack.
Mike-P
Posted 30/01/2009 - 17:12 Link
jackitec wrote:
the gunk is not on your sensor it's on your filter or lens but I suspect it's the filter.
Jack.
Don't use filters.
On the downside I got the rocket blower out to give the sensor a good blast and managed to get a bit too close.
I now have a lovely mark on there which will not come off with my sensor cleaning kit.
Only seems to show on photos of around f11 and higher/lower (never get that right).
gartmore
Posted 30/01/2009 - 17:32 Link
jackitec wrote:
Great shots of the boys your clocked, the gunk is not on your sensor it's on your filter or lens but I suspect it's the filter.
Jack.
IMO you couldn't possibly see a mark on the filter or lens in these circumstances
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
RobE17
Posted 30/01/2009 - 17:39 Link
Great pictures #3 for me.

Rob
loskeran
Posted 30/01/2009 - 19:49 Link
Hi, Mike they have not taken you away yet then?
missmarple
Posted 30/01/2009 - 21:32 Link
With regards to the mark on the pic and whether it is on sensor or on lens

I have no technical understanding about these matters, but I had a very similar mark on a few pictures.They only showed up when using one lens,though not in all picures.After a clean of that lens I have so far not noticed it again.

HTH mm
Donut
Posted 02/02/2009 - 11:44 Link
Mike, what lense did you use for these. I really like them.
Mike-P
Posted 02/02/2009 - 12:09 Link
Donut wrote:
Mike, what lense did you use for these. I really like them.
Thanks.

Pentax F* 300mm f4.5.
The thing is stuck to my K10D permanently at the moment
Mike-P
Posted 02/02/2009 - 12:12 Link
Anyway, who said the weather is bad at the moment?

Comment Image
loskeran
Posted 02/02/2009 - 12:23 Link
Mike you lucky person, don't rub it in
Mike-P
Posted 02/02/2009 - 12:33 Link
loskeran wrote:
Mike you lucky person, don't rub it in
Apparently I am missing all the snow pictures though.
My wife phoned this morning to say my sons school was shut because it was so thick on the roads.
loskeran
Posted 02/02/2009 - 12:52 Link
Believe me Mike you just take in the sun we haven’t seen any for ages
Plenty of snow and clouds.
I think i will just hibernate till summer, if we have on this year

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo