PK(A) - Q adapter

gartmore
Posted 09/03/2013 - 09:09 Link
I bought one of theses link from this seller yesterday for £5.50 in an auction, the interesting thing is that it can control the aperture like the Pentax one (I think!)
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
tyronet2000
Posted 09/03/2013 - 13:35 Link
link to site: BIN price £26.99 + shipping/insurance
Regards
Stan

PPG
davem
Posted 09/03/2013 - 21:00 Link
Please could you let us know how you get on with it Ken

Dave
Edited by davem: 09/03/2013 - 21:07
gartmore
Posted 10/03/2013 - 09:49 Link
tyronet2000 wrote:
link to site: BIN price £26.99 + shipping/insurance
no point linking to an auction that's closed
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
gartmore
Posted 10/03/2013 - 09:50 Link
davem wrote:
Please could you let us know how you get on with it Ken

Dave
. I will, Dave, but I'd imagine it'll take a couple of weeks to arrive
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
gartmore
Posted 15/03/2013 - 13:43 Link
Well it has just arrived. Initial impression is that it is a well made precision piece of kit. It acts a bit like a pre-set lens you set the control ring to 'on' to open up the lens and turn it to 'off' to stop down to the aperture selected on the lens. 'Open' & 'Close' would be better but no big deal.

On the box it says product designed in Halifax, made in PRC., since its made by Kiwi fotos I'm guessing Halifax New Zealand.

I just need to find the time to try it out. Less than a week delivery from China is impressive.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Edited by gartmore: 15/03/2013 - 13:44
bforbes
Posted 04/04/2013 - 10:35 Link
I'm interested, have you had a chance to try it out yet?
tyronet2000
Posted 04/04/2013 - 13:54 Link
bforbes wrote:
I'm interested, have you had a chance to try it out yet?
Me too
Regards
Stan

PPG
gartmore
Posted 04/04/2013 - 14:34 Link
Noy yet
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
bforbes
Posted 21/04/2013 - 10:07 Link
You said in a previous post " It acts a bit like a pre-set lens you set the control ring to 'on' to open up the lens and turn it to 'off' to stop down to the aperture selected on the lens." Does that mean you can not use it with lenses without an aperture ring i.e. DA's
gartmore
Posted 21/04/2013 - 11:11 Link
Barrie,you could use it with a DA by turniing the ring part way but you wouldn't know exactly what aperture you were using. I think the 'A' in the name is a clue to what works best. I'm guessing the Pentax one works in a similar way but it has a scale which is presumably in stops.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo