Pixel shift on the K1ii

vic cross

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 08:55
I read or heard somewhere that the pixel shift on the K1ii worked more like a smart phone and not the same as on the K1? Can anyone tell me if this is correct?
CHEERS. Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Algernon

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 10:34
You mean it can order a Pizza!

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

vic cross

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 10:46
Cheeky sod.
Some smart 'phones do a similar thing to pixel shift but in a different way????? I read or saw a review that said the K1ii used this technology instead of moving the sensor???. I thought someone else may have a bit more information on the subject???
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

HarisF1

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 10:49
The new Dynamic Pixel Shift feature works this way, but the Pentax version is supposedly better as the camera detects exactly how much sensor movement there has been between each frame due to handheld vibrations. It then stacks the images together producing a 'super resolution' image.

The standard Pixel Shift still exists on the cameras and produces the best results.

vic cross

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 11:57
Thanks Haris. I'll have to see if I can find the review as that did give a good explanation but I just forgot what it was.
CHEERS Vic.

pschlute

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 15:50
The Dynamic pixel shift on the K1 II uses the movement of the users hands to produce the four different shots, rather than moving the sensor by 1 pixel each time.

As HarisF1 points out, the camera's SR system then stacks the images exactly. It has been mentioned that this is nothing other than picture stacking/super resolution that any camera (even a smartphone) can do. But the point is that with the K1 there is no need to "stack" the images yourself in PP software.

The Dynamic PS is not a replacement for the original PS, you get both.
Peter

My Flickr page

vic cross

Link Posted 09/05/2018 - 16:11
I found a DPReview from a few days ago and it explains it very well.
CHEERS Vic.

Algernon

Link Posted 10/05/2018 - 08:12
vic cross wrote:
I found a DPReview from a few days ago and it explains it very well.
CHEERS Vic.

Don't take any notice of their review. They don't like Pentax. Have a look at the uproar in the forum.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.