Photoshop version to buy

CoDa
Posted 27/05/2011 - 09:19 Link
This may seem to be a stupid question, but as I have a student ID, is this the version of Adobe Photoshop that I require "CS5 Extended Student and Teacher Edition"

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
CoDa
Posted 27/05/2011 - 12:49 Link
Thanks Gareth, just looked at Elements 9 at the Adobe education store and its £47ish plus the P&P. or £135.80 for the full version. (mature student)

Regards
Colin

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.”
Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)


[IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/K-7userbar-red.jpg[/IMG]
bforbes
Posted 27/05/2011 - 14:38 Link
I use Elements 9, but think even CS3 has more tools to use on RAW files, don't know how far CS5 has moved on. Also I've spoken to a few people that process images for printing and they seem to use Lightroom. From looking at the pricing Lightroom seems to be in the middle.
xbow
Posted 27/05/2011 - 15:15 Link
I use Lightroom at home and occasionally use CS5 at work and really dislike what CS5 does to RAW images compared to Lightroom.

Vic.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo