Photoshop Update

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 02/05/2021 - 06:53
I recently updated Photoshop to the latest version 22.3.1 and found that when using the crop tool Photoshop froze. I am using a laptop running Windows 10 and so Googled the problem. This suggested updating the graphics card driver which I duly did but Photoshop still froze.

Finally I reinstalled the previous Photoshop version 22.3.0 and everything is now fine, so if you have similar problems it looks like the only solution is the previous version.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

johnriley

Link Posted 02/05/2021 - 10:57
Do you have enough RAM for the newer version? I think it needs at least 8GB to run properly. One of my PCs has only 4GB and it won't play at all.
Best regards, John

pschlute

Link Posted 02/05/2021 - 11:21
Paul

If you go to Edit/Preferences and select the performance tab....

At the top it will show how much RAM you have and how much you are allowing PS to use. It will also tell you if your graphics processor is recognised.

I realise you have rolled back, but if you want to update again and post a screenshot of those settings it may help.

I run PS on a desktop with 16GB RAM and 22.3.1 works fine.
Peter

My Flickr page

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 02/05/2021 - 11:58
On version 22.3.1 in edit/preferences/performance the graphics processor is greyed out and below it says update driver. Did this and still greyed out. From the inernet this is a common problem and it appears 22.3.1 is not seeing the Radeon graphics card whereas 22.3.0 does.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70

pschlute

Link Posted 02/05/2021 - 13:26
PRYorkshire wrote:
On version 22.3.1 in edit/preferences/performance the graphics processor is greyed out and below it says update driver. Did this and still greyed out. From the inernet this is a common problem and it appears 22.3.1 is not seeing the Radeon graphics card whereas 22.3.0 does.

Ah ok. I would expect them to solve that quite quickly. Thanks for checking.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.