Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

photo books

pink
Posted 29/10/2009 - 06:42 Link
I have seen the advert on pentax user main page (pixum) and was wondering if anyone has had dealings with them with the up coming wedding i was going to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal.

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
PentaxDan
Posted 29/10/2009 - 09:42 Link
Hi James, this is not a biased opinion, we had our wedding photos done in one of the Easybook XXL albums with a Faux Leather cover and the quality is amazing. We have reviewed on ePHOTOzine.

Hope this helps,
Dan
Join Pentax User Plus Today: http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/subscribe
ericp
Posted 29/10/2009 - 11:21 Link
I believe these are CEWE photo books, the same ones that Jessops use. CEWE is a German company and they make their business by skinning their software for third parties. I used Jessops to create a large book and a medium sized book on photo paper and the results were not bad.

I have used Blurb as well and I think the main difference is the CEWE software was better at the time but Blurb have released new and improved software. In addition, the basic CEWE books are printed on glossy paper and the photo paper versions are on really thick, thicker than postcard, paper and the two page spreads are perfect. Blurb is on semi matte paper.

I also found CEWE books to be on the more expensive end compared to other companies.

Not sure how you get the 2 for 1 as clicking on the link does not do much but take you to their site where there is no mention of 2 for 1!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/_cypher/
Pentax K10D, 50, 18-55, 28-70, 100, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 18-250, 28-75
PentaxDan
Posted 29/10/2009 - 11:31 Link
Buy any size photo book from www.pixum.co.uk and they'll give you the second one absolutely free of charge, zilch, gratis!
Photo books are ideal as Christmas gifts for family and friends, to showcase your images or even just to keep your precious and treasured memories in a beautiful book rather than leaving them on your PC.

Simply order 2 books, enter the voucher code below, and only pay for 1!

Voucher code: 2FOR1BOOKS*

ePHOTOzine has awarded Pixum Photobooks a Highly Recommended Award

* The above mentioned voucher code is valid until 31/10/2009. Offer valid on any Pixum EasyBooks ordered in multiples of 2, regardless of type and page number. Voucher is not redeemable after the order has been placed. Discount will be calculated at the end of the shopping basket. One voucher per household. Postage costs not included, please see our price list for more information.
Join Pentax User Plus Today: http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/subscribe
hkwiles
Posted 29/10/2009 - 13:13 Link
I assume the prices are inclusive of the photos downloaded and printed ?

Howard
Body: K7 of course !!
Lenses: DA18-55WR,DA50-200WR,FA50-1.4
pink
Posted 29/10/2009 - 17:49 Link
the 2 for 1 deal finishes on Monday witch is no good for me as the wedding is on 7th I need a good company as it's my first book and I need to wow people

I've had dealing with vista print (b/cards) and the first one's went in the bin but they did reprint for free and upgrade as well for free 500 for £38.00 with reverse/ printing on the back printing. but I don't think I will be using them for a photo book any suggestions I am a bit of a Perfectionist

James
My Fluidr

"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
johnriley
Posted 29/10/2009 - 17:56 Link
Best regards, John
ericp
Posted 29/10/2009 - 23:02 Link
johnriley wrote:
www.blurb.com

I think you are on commission

I have used Blurb and made 6 books now. There software is not the best out there but the option to have your book in their online store is the best service there is.

I think their quality is still second best though. They should offer the option for gloss paper and their binding on smaller books can be poor. More importantly they really need to make it possible to do a full page spread using the software without hacking it by creating two images to place on each page individually.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/_cypher/
Pentax K10D, 50, 18-55, 28-70, 100, Sigma 10-20, Tamron 18-250, 28-75
pink
Posted 24/12/2009 - 08:57 Link
well I've had my book done by Blurb

And I must say "FANTASTIC"

My only gripe is their is no display box (i don't now if you can order one)
If you can order one they should make it more clearer

fast service

I ordered a A3 size witch was good but IMO you need 80+ pages It did look on the thin side.

but as my first book I can't complain 10/10

James

I will be returning to blurb in the new year

Thank you for all the advice given
My Fluidr

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.