Photo 365

abam48

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 09:07
Morning all,

I've entered a photography competition at work and it involves taking a photo everyday for the next 12 months based on various different themes that we are all choosing. Yesterday's theme was 'P' and I picked the 'post' as my subject.

Would like feedback from people on their favourite image (1-6) out of the set of photos below as I'm struggling to pick a winner!

With the first 5 images I wanted to convey the idea of the post as it lands once it comes through the letter box. In the last one I was going for the idea of post that was waiting to be sorted through, and I also included a pen and pencil

Comments would be appreciated

Thanks,

Adam

Last Edited by the Moderator Team on 18/04/2012 - 08:47

Frogherder

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 09:49
I think the shots are too close up. Maybe to convey the idea of post arriving a longer shot, with some stuck in the letter box with more on the floor would be better. (Also see PM)

regards
Bernard

Blythman

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 09:54
Of those above, I'd go for the second last one. Like the depth of field portrayed.

Now if you were to cheat and do it again, I'd look at post coming through the letter box, with a shutter speed that blurrs it falling to the floor
Alan

PPG
Flickr

johnriley

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 10:08
For the sake of your own safety and security I really hope that is not your name and address on show. And if not yours, whose?

If you want me to remove that shot, which I suggest you well might, then please let me know.
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 17/04/2012 - 10:09

steven9761

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 10:28
johnriley wrote:
For the sake of your own safety and security I really hope that is not your name and address on show. And if not yours, whose?

If you want me to remove that shot, which I suggest you well might, then please let me know.

I'm with you on that, John!..

Adam - if that is your address, then you are only 20-30 mins along the M4 from Heathrow. Maybe you could try taking some shots of the Royal Mail International Hub that sits just behind Terminal 3 arrivals? I'm thinking along the lines of an image of a plane parked close to the building, being loaded by an RMI truck, or similar. Just a thought!

Frogherder

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 10:51
Quote:

Would it not be "the right thing to do" and worry about the possible consequences later. After all they can always be reposted

Bernard
Last Edited by Frogherder on 17/04/2012 - 10:51

dougf8

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 11:38
A bit paranoid removing it, given your council sell your electoral roll details, DVLA sell your address to crooks and you can check how invisible you are with 192.com.

The thing to avoid is advertising when you are on holiday. Just post the pics when you're back.
Lurking is shirking.!
Last Edited by dougf8 on 17/04/2012 - 11:40

JAK

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 11:41
A fictitious address would be safer non the less!

John
John K
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.