Petition to save Velvia 50
Posted 01/08/2012 - 10:43
Link
Nice to see no-one couldn't care less about Velvia 100F - probably one of the worst films since the original Sensia 200.....
I still have some EliteChrome 100 in the fridge and astonished to see that films are now £8 a roll and developing again £7-8.....maybe I should have retired the Z-1/Z-1p last year instead of getting them serviced.
Shoddy article though
I still have some EliteChrome 100 in the fridge and astonished to see that films are now £8 a roll and developing again £7-8.....maybe I should have retired the Z-1/Z-1p last year instead of getting them serviced.
Shoddy article though
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Posted 01/08/2012 - 11:54
Link
I had already signed it. As someone who occasionally shoots 5x4 I was a bit taken aback by the discontinuation of these films!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 05/08/2012 - 03:08
Link
Yep, obviously the best way to show Fuji you care is to continue to buy the film but I think it adds extra weight with a petition. There will always be nay-sayers/doom-mongers who believe these things never work... but they are probably the same folk who wonder why they never win the lottery even though they never bought a ticket
The petition has reached it's initial target of 1,000 signatures and now has a new target of 1,500... currently they are at 1,162...
Cheers
Rick
The petition has reached it's initial target of 1,000 signatures and now has a new target of 1,500... currently they are at 1,162...
Cheers
Rick
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


32 posts
16 years
Slightly off topic but there is now an online petition to save Velvia 50 which Fujifilm announced they will stop producing in certain formats (initially 4x5 and 8x10). The news was announced in the BJP: http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/news/2193030/fujifilm-d...
The petition now has over 1,000 signatures including some high profile photographers such as Joe Cornish. The petition can be signed here: http://www.change.org/petitions/fujifilm-continue-manufacture-of-velvia-50-sheet...
Cheers
Rick