Perspex photo frames vs Traditional
Posted 07/09/2009 - 13:03
Link
I think it very much depends on the image, and just as importantly, where the framed picture is going to be displayed?
I like the perpsex mounts, but they don't look good in every location. I think you definately need to take into account the environment where it will be displayed, and go from there. (eg Corporate enviro - modern mount?/cosy cottage - traditional mount?)
There are no hard and fast rules though, as with most things photography related!
I like the perpsex mounts, but they don't look good in every location. I think you definately need to take into account the environment where it will be displayed, and go from there. (eg Corporate enviro - modern mount?/cosy cottage - traditional mount?)
There are no hard and fast rules though, as with most things photography related!
Posted 07/09/2009 - 13:04
Link
I have a BW image mounted in a black perspex frame and it looks astonishing!
The image was printed on plain matt paper but mounted right behind the 'glass', the whole thing looks like one solid thing. like a digital screen.
The edges of the frame are about 10cm wide and reach right up to the image. The whole thing is completely flush, one piece.
The image was printed on plain matt paper but mounted right behind the 'glass', the whole thing looks like one solid thing. like a digital screen.
The edges of the frame are about 10cm wide and reach right up to the image. The whole thing is completely flush, one piece.
Posted 07/09/2009 - 13:14
Link
Mark, where did you buy the perspex frames from? Browsing the websites I found various price ranges. Any particular company you think its worth checking?
Thanks
Thanks
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 07/09/2009 - 13:18
Link
Not sure if they're online.
Claire went down to the local general store
If I had seen the frame I wouldn't have bought it, but she had a hunch it would look good and it did. It was £9 I think. A4
Claire went down to the local general store
If I had seen the frame I wouldn't have bought it, but she had a hunch it would look good and it did. It was £9 I think. A4
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2094 posts
17 years
London,
UK
I recently saw a couple of images with a thicker mount than the ones I had bought for my home pics and have to admit that it made a huge difference looking at the pictures. That extra milimiters of depth from the mount cut at an angle just enhanced it further.
So am wondering if the new type perspex/plexiglass frames available, what kind of impact does it give compared to the normal ones? Or does this have to do with each type of image that is displayed?
Many thanks