Perseids Meteor Shower - Tonight! 12th August 2013

DrOrloff
Posted 13/08/2013 - 13:43 Link
A pretty good show here but I couldn't be bothered to set up the camera in the end.
ilovesaabs
Posted 13/08/2013 - 13:50 Link
Being in that London I had to deal with:

a) my impatience
b) light pollution
c) every 90 seconds a plane comes over our house
d) isn't the sky over London full of plane, it was actually scary how many aircraft there are occupying the sky over a relative area within the field of view....

but I did see the ISS come over at around 9.10 pm
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Russ
Posted 13/08/2013 - 14:26 Link
I too couldn't be bothered last night. A 5am start for work meant i was dead beat by 9pm. Plus it was still cloudy at 10pm.
But they have forecast it clear for tonight, so will try and get the enthusiasm together to give it a try tonight instead. Less meteors but still quite favourable.
Edited by Russ: 13/08/2013 - 14:26
DrOrloff
Posted 13/08/2013 - 14:55 Link
It is so difficult to get a good meteors shot that I just decided to enjoy it instead.
Mongoose
Posted 13/08/2013 - 16:11 - Helpful Comment Link
My Dad and I spent the whole night out watching the Leonids one year, with 2 DSLRs, 4 35mm SLRs and a 120 folder. We saw hundreds of shooting stars and got exactly one frame with one in it.

The one and only shot with a meteor trail in it was taken as it was getting light and we were packing up. I decided to take a silluette of one of the cameras on a tripod against brightening eastern sky, no thought of meteors in my mind at this point. When I developed the RAW, voila, one Meteor trail directly above the camera.

Sometimes you don't get anything until you stop trying.
you don't have to be mad to post here



but it does help
Smeggypants
Posted 13/08/2013 - 18:29 Link
milamber wrote:


Regarding the cricked necks, just get an adjustable reclining garden lounger. You will see a much larger portion of sky and no neck issues.
We've got one. I couldn't be bothered to walk to the other wide of the garden and lay on it. Frankly the odd tiny streak of light every now and again wasn't very exciting.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo