Pentax workshops or training in Yorkshire

GreenHaze

Link Posted 26/07/2014 - 10:51
Hello, I am a novice, can anyone recommend a photographer who does workshops in Yorkshire with pentax cameras?

fritzthedog

Link Posted 26/07/2014 - 11:36
Hi Hazel

The short answer to your question is - no - not aware of anybody running Pentax specific workshops in Yorkshire.

However, this may not be what you need.

You do not say whether you are a novice to photography, digital photography, DSLR photography or just Pentax.

If you are a novice to photography - it would benefit you more to find a general photography workshop as the basic rules generally follow through to all types of photography and systems.

Similarly - if it is DSLRs that you are a novice to - a general DSLR workshop would help. Basic principles are the same regardless of system

If it is just the Pentax system/ controls that you need to get to grips with - there are many on-line tutorials that may help.

Also - do not forget - with any of the above - you will find many people here happy to help you with any questions you may have - we have all been novices - and many years later some of us still feel like one

Plus - there are a number of us in and around Yorkshire and some of us do occasionally get together for a day out - if you see anything being arranged - jump in and join us - we don't bite - well most of us don't

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

tyronet2000

Link Posted 26/07/2014 - 12:54
If you have a camera club in your area it may well be worth checking out. As has been said the type of camera is immaterial as most of the controls are similar in name although the position may be different, also this forum is a goldmine of information as regards Pentax cameras and photography.
Regards
Stan

PPG

gtis

Link Posted 26/07/2014 - 14:08
Hi hazel
Like stan says try a local camera club ,it all depends where you live
I can recommend this chap
http://www.paulmiguel.co.uk
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
sigma 17-70

Pentax o-gps1

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

GreenHaze

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 07:41
Hi all, sorry for the delay and many thanks for your comments. I shall keep my eyes peeled for any get togethers. Best wishes,

davidstorm

Link Posted 21/08/2014 - 18:57
Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you Hazel? There are a few of us in Sheffield. Also, AndrewA and myself will be in Tickhill (near Doncaster) this Sunday for the Cycle Racing Grand Prix which we are photographing, you are welcome to come, see link below:

link

If you're interested, post a reply on here or send me a PM and I will let you have my mobile number.

Regards
David
Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.