Pentax turns a Profit
Posted 13/05/2010 - 22:45
Link
Ah but it's still going down the tubes .
Posted 13/05/2010 - 22:51
Link
Hurray! I hope so.
Just sent my four month old K7 in for repairs along with my DA*16-50 in for the second time in five months.
Almost all of my Pentax gear has needed repairs in under a year and takes up to twelve weeks to get back.
I am sooo close to switching brands, if not for the huge investment. (ever feel hopelessly trapped?)
Hopefully some of that profit will be put towards their service centers. (or better yet, to their production centers so these things can be avoided).
Just sent my four month old K7 in for repairs along with my DA*16-50 in for the second time in five months.
Almost all of my Pentax gear has needed repairs in under a year and takes up to twelve weeks to get back.
I am sooo close to switching brands, if not for the huge investment. (ever feel hopelessly trapped?)
Hopefully some of that profit will be put towards their service centers. (or better yet, to their production centers so these things can be avoided).
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:00
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Ah but it's still going down the tubes .
You mean the tubes are still going downAh but it's still going down the tubes .
Have you seen the size of those things? the first endoscopy I had I was sedated, the second time they kept me compus-mentus and just numbed my throat, it looked and felt like a B****y hose pipe They wont do that to me again, Pentax or not
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:09
Link
Just hope you never get diagnosed with prostate cancer !!
You`ll never guess where they stick that one !!
And wide awake all through....................................
Tony
You`ll never guess where they stick that one !!
And wide awake all through....................................
Tony
K20D,*istD ( now a dedicated M42 digital ),K100D,MZ5N,P50,ME Super,Spotmatic 1000,Spotmatic,ESII,ES,H2.18-55 II,18-55,75-300 FAJ,35-80 FA,80-200 F,28-105 FA,Sigma 24-70 AF Aspherical,Sigma 28-300 Hyperzoom , Praotor II 500 M42,Centon 500mm mirror,and a few Pentax M42 Taks,super-Taks,smc Taks,A and M lenses.Benbo trekker,7dayshop monopod and a Lowepro rucksack.
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
I am now on Flickr which is nice !
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:14
Link
And lets hope they get their equipment from the right department.
Your lucky day, just got my new DA*50-135mm scope.... you may feel slight pinch...
Your lucky day, just got my new DA*50-135mm scope.... you may feel slight pinch...
Posted 13/05/2010 - 23:56
Link
Well, who would have thought the conversation would end up going in that direction....
Best regards, John
Posted 14/05/2010 - 01:10
Link
"Just sent my four month old K7 in for repairs along with my DA*16-50 in for the second time in five months.
Almost all of my Pentax gear has needed repairs in under a year and takes up to twelve weeks to get back.
I am sooo close to switching brands, if not for the huge investment. (ever feel hopelessly trapped?)"
In my experience reliability is not a Pentax strong point. My K-7 has had warranty repairs twice but at least the camera was only away for a week or so each time. My *istD took 3 months to come home.
Pentax should be more reliable. I hope profitability is cumulative, increased sales, greater range, more reliability.
Almost all of my Pentax gear has needed repairs in under a year and takes up to twelve weeks to get back.
I am sooo close to switching brands, if not for the huge investment. (ever feel hopelessly trapped?)"
In my experience reliability is not a Pentax strong point. My K-7 has had warranty repairs twice but at least the camera was only away for a week or so each time. My *istD took 3 months to come home.
Pentax should be more reliable. I hope profitability is cumulative, increased sales, greater range, more reliability.
Posted 14/05/2010 - 07:52
Link
Sorry to hear that you've had problems - it isn't the general situation and anything manufactured will always have the potential to fail. However, that's little consolation when it happens to you.
Hopefully all will be fixed and will be fine from now on.
Hopefully all will be fixed and will be fine from now on.
Best regards, John
Posted 14/05/2010 - 08:26
Link
johnriley wrote:
Sorry to hear that you've had problems - it isn't the general situation and anything manufactured will always have the potential to fail. However, that's little consolation when it happens to you.
Hopefully all will be fixed and will be fine from now on.
I hope so too John.Sorry to hear that you've had problems - it isn't the general situation and anything manufactured will always have the potential to fail. However, that's little consolation when it happens to you.
Hopefully all will be fixed and will be fine from now on.
Regards, Ian.
Posted 14/05/2010 - 12:15
Link
fatspider wrote:
Have you seen the size of those things? the first endoscopy I had I was sedated, the second time they kept me compus-mentus and just numbed my throat, it looked and felt like a B****y hose pipe They wont do that to me again, Pentax or not
Not the tubes I had in mind, no. And yes I have had experience of them, in a different orifice . Luckily here they knock you out first.
Gwyn wrote:
Ah but it's still going down the tubes .
You mean the tubes are still going downAh but it's still going down the tubes .
Have you seen the size of those things? the first endoscopy I had I was sedated, the second time they kept me compus-mentus and just numbed my throat, it looked and felt like a B****y hose pipe They wont do that to me again, Pentax or not
Posted 14/05/2010 - 12:27
Link
Add me to the 'different orifice' club
The guy who performed the procedure on me was wearing a large transparent full face mask similar to a welder's mask. To "avoid splashback" as he succinctly put it!
The guy who performed the procedure on me was wearing a large transparent full face mask similar to a welder's mask. To "avoid splashback" as he succinctly put it!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 14/05/2010 - 12:29
Link
TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 14/05/2010 - 12:51
Link
wadna wrote:
In my experience reliability is not a Pentax strong point. My K-7 has had warranty repairs twice but at least the camera was only away for a week or so each time. My *istD took 3 months to come home.
Pentax should be more reliable. I hope profitability is cumulative, increased sales, greater range, more reliability.
Grass is not always greener on the other side......
In my experience reliability is not a Pentax strong point. My K-7 has had warranty repairs twice but at least the camera was only away for a week or so each time. My *istD took 3 months to come home.
Pentax should be more reliable. I hope profitability is cumulative, increased sales, greater range, more reliability.
Z-1p, K-1, P50
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
F50 1.7. SMC-FAs 24, 35, 50 1.4, 85, 135. HD-FA15-30, DFA24-70, D-FA*70-200. The SMC-FA Limited Trinity.
Metz 45 CL-4, AF500FTZ. AF540FGZ.
Some Mamiya and some Nikon, and a Canon T70.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24424 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester