Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted 03/04/2017 - 16:21
Link
i dont even know how you get to view it. ?
Posted 03/04/2017 - 16:30
Link
wozfromcov wrote:
i dont even know how you get to view it. ?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/
i dont even know how you get to view it. ?
Posted 03/04/2017 - 16:30
Link
paulcliff wrote:
its quite nice having an image thats been 'approved' in a gallery, though, from what I read, it seems that they pretty much accept anything in there.
When it first started the conditions were that images should not be "manipulated" too much, so excessive HDR for example would be rejected.its quite nice having an image thats been 'approved' in a gallery, though, from what I read, it seems that they pretty much accept anything in there.
In recent years i have seen many digital art type photos and even worse a succession of similar images of the same subject by the same shooter.
They havn't updated it for the K1 so that tells a story in itself.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 03/04/2017 - 17:05
Link
I think the new version is this https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu/
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
Posted 03/04/2017 - 18:23
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I think the new version is this https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu/
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
I've never seen that before, how long has that been a thing?I think the new version is this https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu/
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
500px is nice but I'm yet to have a good play with it.
Posted 03/04/2017 - 18:39
Link
I think it started with Ricoh EU. I don't think there's much to the UK side beyond sales. Thus the lack of response to previous 'what do we want to know' sessions. The EU Ricoh shop is an expensive thing. Wonder what they'll do after Brexit beyond getting dearer still?
paulcliff wrote:
I've never seen that before, how long has that been a thing?
I've never seen that before, how long has that been a thing?
Posted 04/04/2017 - 03:08
Link
wvbarnes wrote:
I think the new version is this https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu/
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
I agree with you Bill, never give away your image rights FULL STOP and LEAVE I think the new version is this https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu/
Personally, I was offered it when I registered my K3. I joined but then unjoined as I did not like the terms. A la Facebook they seem to be able to do what they want with your images without credit or payment.
500px looks the poshest option if anyone is interested.
And regardless leave horrible Facebook for the sake of your soul
"In a photographic context I don't like the use of the word 'shot' as where I live this word refers to an extreme act of violence and not the beautiful craft of photography"
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


192 posts
15 years
Kent,
UK
I usually post on the board if I'm looking for feedback or discussion. I couldn't see myself directing friends and family (or clients for those inclined) to PU though to view my photos which is why I asked about peoples preferred galleries or gallery software.
I've toyed with Wordpress in the past and have had success with getting nice looking galleries, but it's a lot of work maintaining it in the long run. The beauty of Flickr is definitely the image quality options and the ability to make galleries with different levels of permissions.
I'll take a look at Piwigo too.
It's a shame the PG isn't maintained, its quite nice having an image thats been 'approved' in a gallery, though, from what I read, it seems that they pretty much accept anything in there.