Pentax Optio 330 (3.34megapixel)

Anonymous
Posted 04/10/2003 - 15:07 Link
My camera is not recognised by my new computer running under WindowsXp professional. I do NOT have the appropriate software as I am travelling.
What can I do?
MattMatic
Posted 04/10/2003 - 16:13 Link
Why don't you get a small USB card reader for when you're travelling? Windows XP recognises most "dumb" card readers without 3rd party drivers, so you'll be safe just plugging it into the PC. (This is my preferred method of transferring data from camera to PC - I have two cards with one always in the camera and the other available to read into the PC)

You will not be able to talk directly to the camera without Pentax's software If you mean you don't have the software available but don't mind installing it... can you download it from Pentax's website???

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
johnriley
Posted 04/10/2003 - 21:23 Link
We'll go along with Matt's thoughts as well.

We don't load camera software any more, but use a card reader and access the removable drive via Photoshop. It's simpler, opens the files directly into the application we use for image manipulation and generally saves hassle.

John & Sue

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo